I triggered an attendance review 1 (first one in 20 years) when I was off sick with a vomiting bug (1 day) and a 13 day absense in March with a virus (both 100% genuine). I got my attendance interview and said my reasons for not getting the slap on the wrist is because I have an excellent attendance record over my 20 years and that recently I've been working my days off plus lapsing because our office is so short staffed at the minute. I got the copy of the interview to sign and send off but noticed the reason for absense was because of a groin injury and nose surgery???!!?? I phoned the manager to say that I wasnt signing it because it was obviously wrong, so he asked me to amend it and send it back to him and he would prepare a new one for me to sign. I was going to do this but low and behold this morning I received my attendance review outcome which said it was "appropriate to issue the Attendance Review 1" and there is no right of appeal.
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to get the slap on the wrist, but surely the manager did not follow proper procedure with the reason for absense being completely wrong. Does this mean the review isn't valid? I haven't signed anything to say I agreed with his version of the interview.
I've learned my lesson too. No more working my days off and no more lapsing. You get no thanks for it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Attendance review 1 procedure
-
mobydick1974
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 17:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
I think it stands at 90% of all attendance reviews fail because of the poor way management fill out the paperwork...make sure they have the correct dates of time off and did they carry out return to work interviews? sign it and send it back...if it ever goes to a stage 3 it will be kicked out and you drop back to a stage 1 again.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
Thanks Moby. The dates of absense were correct but I didn't get a return to work interview. Thanks for the advice.
-
yorkmover123
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
- Gender: Female
claw back of hours at Christmas and Newyear 2014
The claw back 2004 agreement how many hours can my Line claw back from me over the Christmas and New Year 2014 I work the night shift 22:00pm to 06:OOam.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: claw back of hours at Christmas and Newyear 2014
yorkmover123 wrote:The claw back 2004 agreement how many hours can my Line claw back from me over the Christmas and New Year 2014 I work the night shift 22:00pm to 06:OOam.
No clawback in deliveries so I am guessing your a MC bloke. Might be better to re-post in there as they are more likely to see it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
yorkmover123
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
ok cheers thanks for the reply
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
Well I have experienced claw back but it was some time ago and didn't involve an MC 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
Have you still got the nail marks DV?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Attendance review 1 procedure
My lips are sealed a gentleman never tellsLincox wrote:Have you still got the nail marks DV?