Had a bad foot for a week or so now, and it's been getting worse and worse. Dr's appointment today and he's signed me off as "not fit for work" due to a stress fracture in the metatarsal and resultant sciatica. Signed off for a week to rest the foot.
Anyway - question is, do I go in tomorrow with the note (I expect I'll then get pressured into doing some "light duties" or do I stay at home and simply ring in saying I shan't be in until the 17th? Have texted my rep for advice but not expecting a reply till tomorrow morning.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about "not fit for work"...
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
Phone in and explain the situation. Confirm you will be posting in the doctors note. Sit back with your feet up and rest for the week. Ignore all management harassment to come in before you are ready and when you return make sure you go back on light duties! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
brykins
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 14:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
Exactly the answer I wanted :-)Judgee wrote:Phone in and explain the situation. Confirm you will be posting in the doctors note. Sit back with your feet up and rest for the week. Ignore all management harassment to come in before you are ready and when you return make sure you go back on light duties!
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
The Dr told you keep it elevated meaning foot up at all times not in a rest room killing off stuff, yes photo copy the sick note and you only have to go into see the DOM once in 28 days when your sick, they try get you in every week thinking you are gone on holidays.
You will get hounded with special deliveries just general crap this is again a tester as well to make sure your there at home and signing for them. Another thing get them to ring your home phone only and when your home phone rings record it on your mobile, don't give them a inch..
You will get hounded with special deliveries just general crap this is again a tester as well to make sure your there at home and signing for them. Another thing get them to ring your home phone only and when your home phone rings record it on your mobile, don't give them a inch..
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
Why all this negativity against management,dont you trust them 
-
jack~jack
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
I was once told if a manager says its raining, go outside and check for yourself. l would say that level of distrust has served me well over my time with royal fail.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
I'd check the sky,then my pocketsjack~jack wrote:I was once told if a manager says its raining, go outside and check for yourself. l would say that level of distrust has served me well over my time with royal fail.
/locker everything
They lie.......
I won
-
brykins
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 14:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question about "not fit for work"...
Well - texted in at 5:45 in the morning, then popped into the DO on my way for an Xray. Manager questioned how a Dr can diagnose a stress fracture without an Xray but other than that, they were fine with me being signed off for a week, though he did throw in a comment that "the boss might get you to come in for some indoor work" to which I pointed out that unless they had a raised footstool to keep my leg elevated, then I'd be quite happy to stay at home, thank you.