ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
out of touch
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
out of touch
The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,, 
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
Re: out of touch
robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,,
common sense eh
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: out of touch
Most dom's only concern is to get their bonuses as painlessly as possible,they don't give a flying feck what happens to the mail once it leaves the office as long as any problems cannot be traced back to them,they don't care if you take all the d2d's home and burn them as long as they are out of the office,they don't want to organize and write holiday lists out as long as they get theirs,they couldn't care less if you still have 3 weeks left at the end of the year.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: out of touch
This rural postie never used to do it because, as I understood it, it was not allowed. Maybe I got that wrong. (?)robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years ...
Anyroad, in a recent Courier was "All 'our' postmen/women know to try UP TO 3 NEIGHBOURS". Presumably this is what is known as "standard creep".
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: out of touch
I tried three neighbours. Never heard the last of it from the missus... 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: out of touch
Surely nought is 'up to three'visigoth wrote:This rural postie never used to do it because, as I understood it, it was not allowed. Maybe I got that wrong. (?)robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years ...
Anyroad, in a recent Courier was "All 'our' postmen/women know to try UP TO 3 NEIGHBOURS". Presumably this is what is known as "standard creep".
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: out of touch
Yeah, nought probably counts as "UP TO 3". Probably doesn't count as "try"ing though. 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: out of touch
And that my friend ,is the whole problem with Royal Mail, you are not allowed to think for yourself.robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,,