ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
work colleagues
-
leebest66
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 19:38
- Gender: Male
work colleagues
Hi.
Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol
Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.
I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol
Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.
I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
Sadly its the culture of the environment.
Joined hoping to get on with everyone but as the years passed gave up trying
Joined hoping to get on with everyone but as the years passed gave up trying
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
leebest66 wrote:
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
You wait until you tell them you are going to be cutting off
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
Yep same at our place..there's a few sound peeeps! But the rest are a total waste of space! Had the backstabbing as well! Idiots..just ignore them like I do! Head down & crack on! Worst than working wiv women & half them need sacking! No wonder Royal Mail never made a profit with these twats!
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
The worst type of co worker, and there are a few in our place, are the ones that sneak off IPS and prep their own duties, moan like hell when asked to do the simplest of tasks, then bitch about other people when they do the same kind of things!
They, like most of us, are out for themselves. But god forbid other people who adopt the same attitude.
They will slate anyone who appears to co-operate with management, but can be frequently seen having cosy little chats with the DIMS, then lo and behold their name suddenly disappears from the lapsing that day.......
They, like most of us, are out for themselves. But god forbid other people who adopt the same attitude.
They will slate anyone who appears to co-operate with management, but can be frequently seen having cosy little chats with the DIMS, then lo and behold their name suddenly disappears from the lapsing that day.......
-
girl pants
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 16:21
- Gender: Female
Re: work colleagues
If job and finish ever does go, then I imagine you will see a much different approach.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
job and finish? that ship sailed ages ago.girl pants wrote:If job and finish ever does go, then I imagine you will see a much different approach.
I regularly see people harassed into taking more mail out if they return to the office with literally MINUTES of their working day left
-
manboss
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
I totally agree with you, personally I like the job, the type of work we do but who ever I seem to get with are always complaining about something and even when I work with some of the newer staff, they seem to have picked up the same mentality. I feel like telling them why don't you just leave if you dislike the job that much! isn't life too short ....leebest66 wrote:Hi.
Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol
Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.
I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: work colleagues
I think as we all hate the job and management so much , the only reason we stay is because the morale and banter in the office is addictive and we need our daily fix of gossip and banter to keep life sweet.
Although the singing guys get on my pips, do it in front of Simon Cowell or not at all !
Although the singing guys get on my pips, do it in front of Simon Cowell or not at all !
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
I get along with most in our office. But inevitably theres always one or two that have to be nasty... if u try to speak to them in front of others they try acting all hard, pathetic really.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: work colleagues
A few good lads but some real tits.
Same everywhere I suppose,though I must say I struggle to see how some would survive in the 'real world' if they were ever cut adrift from RM.
Honestly,a few of these babies wouldn't last 5-mins at my old place.
Same everywhere I suppose,though I must say I struggle to see how some would survive in the 'real world' if they were ever cut adrift from RM.
Honestly,a few of these babies wouldn't last 5-mins at my old place.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Aquarius
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40
Re: work colleagues
I work in a mail centre - but thought i would add my two pennies worth.
I cannot stand many of the people i work with - in fact hate quite a few.
A nastier two face sh*t stirring bunch of people you will ever meet.
At least you can get out on a walk - i'm stuck with them.
I cannot stand many of the people i work with - in fact hate quite a few.
A nastier two face sh*t stirring bunch of people you will ever meet.
At least you can get out on a walk - i'm stuck with them.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: work colleagues
Think I might be one off them nasty people in the workplace oopsssleebest66 wrote:Hi.
Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol
Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.
I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: work colleagues
I couldn't stay with them for more than 3 hours, I get a bit of peace when I walk.At least you can get out on a walk - i'm stuck with them.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: work colleagues
I recognise all of the characters portrayed in this thread but thankfully they're a small minority at our place.
As for moaning, no one's perfect and many people have cause for complaint but if anyone goes overboard a rousing chorus of Miserable Sod normally has them back smiling.
As for moaning, no one's perfect and many people have cause for complaint but if anyone goes overboard a rousing chorus of Miserable Sod normally has them back smiling.