ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

work colleagues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
leebest66
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 19:38
Gender: Male

work colleagues

Post by leebest66 »

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol

Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.

I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by rehabron »

Sadly its the culture of the environment.
Joined hoping to get on with everyone but as the years passed gave up trying
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

leebest66 wrote:

Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.

You wait until you tell them you are going to be cutting off :left: there attitude will soon change :crazy:
Kobi72
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by Kobi72 »

Yep same at our place..there's a few sound peeeps! But the rest are a total waste of space! Had the backstabbing as well! Idiots..just ignore them like I do! Head down & crack on! Worst than working wiv women & half them need sacking! No wonder Royal Mail never made a profit with these twats!
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by themailman »

The worst type of co worker, and there are a few in our place, are the ones that sneak off IPS and prep their own duties, moan like hell when asked to do the simplest of tasks, then bitch about other people when they do the same kind of things!

They, like most of us, are out for themselves. But god forbid other people who adopt the same attitude.

They will slate anyone who appears to co-operate with management, but can be frequently seen having cosy little chats with the DIMS, then lo and behold their name suddenly disappears from the lapsing that day.......
girl pants
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 16:21
Gender: Female

Re: work colleagues

Post by girl pants »

If job and finish ever does go, then I imagine you will see a much different approach.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by themailman »

girl pants wrote:If job and finish ever does go, then I imagine you will see a much different approach.
job and finish? that ship sailed ages ago.

I regularly see people harassed into taking more mail out if they return to the office with literally MINUTES of their working day left
manboss
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by manboss »

leebest66 wrote:Hi.

Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol

Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.

I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
I totally agree with you, personally I like the job, the type of work we do but who ever I seem to get with are always complaining about something and even when I work with some of the newer staff, they seem to have picked up the same mentality. I feel like telling them why don't you just leave if you dislike the job that much! isn't life too short ....
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: work colleagues

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I think as we all hate the job and management so much , the only reason we stay is because the morale and banter in the office is addictive and we need our daily fix of gossip and banter to keep life sweet.
Although the singing guys get on my pips, do it in front of Simon Cowell or not at all ! :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by Jpro747 »

I get along with most in our office. But inevitably theres always one or two that have to be nasty... if u try to speak to them in front of others they try acting all hard, pathetic really.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: work colleagues

Post by Cedar_Room »

A few good lads but some real tits.

Same everywhere I suppose,though I must say I struggle to see how some would survive in the 'real world' if they were ever cut adrift from RM.

Honestly,a few of these babies wouldn't last 5-mins at my old place.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Aquarius
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40

Re: work colleagues

Post by Aquarius »

I work in a mail centre - but thought i would add my two pennies worth.

I cannot stand many of the people i work with - in fact hate quite a few.

A nastier two face sh*t stirring bunch of people you will ever meet.

At least you can get out on a walk - i'm stuck with them.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: work colleagues

Post by maisymoo04 »

leebest66 wrote:Hi.

Just wondering if anyone else hate their work colleagues? lol

Iv'e been working as a postman for about 7 months now and i can't believe how nasty a'lot of them were. Alot of them were very unwelcoming.
Some taking the piss when i'm on a difficult walk, queue jumping while waiting for specials, bitching behind peoples backs including myn which they didn't know I heard.
Refusing to work with a reserve cos they'd rather work by their selves etc.
Just very unfriendly when i'm trying to start a conversation as well.

I'm quite easy going a nice person but i just feel like giving up and not speaking to anyone.
Strangely the managers are very nice friendly etc seem like nicer people then the workers thought it'd b the other way round.
Think I might be one off them nasty people in the workplace oopsss :nervous :nervous :nervous :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: work colleagues

Post by 5plusbonusball »

At least you can get out on a walk - i'm stuck with them.
I couldn't stay with them for more than 3 hours, I get a bit of peace when I walk. :chuckle
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: work colleagues

Post by Sidley »

I recognise all of the characters portrayed in this thread but thankfully they're a small minority at our place.
As for moaning, no one's perfect and many people have cause for complaint but if anyone goes overboard a rousing chorus of Miserable Sod normally has them back smiling.