ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

next step advice ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

next step advice ?

Post by comeracing »

we have a fairly new dom ,and to be totally honest he is bent as a boomerang,every thursday when we open our wage slips nearly half the work force march into his office,person A 2 HOURS DOWN ON WAGES/OVERTIME person B 3 1/2 HOURS DOWN person C 2 hr 25 mins down on wages,its a complete joke i was missing 1 hour 30 mins,went into office his reply was oh that would have been last Thursday I was told no pressure overtime,yes that really makes sense.To be the honest the dom is fiddling the figures,one lad went in today he worked his day off yesterday total 9 hours the dom said to him I will split hours up 4.5 on Friday and 4.5 on Saturday how can he do this when he worked his day off on Wednesday.ive had 1 wage slip right in the last 8 weeks,i know what you will all say work your time,well I soon will,he is on his last chance,is this cheating on the workforce worth reporting to the area rep,will it get us anywhere ?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: next step advice ?

Post by datasaint »

In our office line manager deals with paying hours. Ask their email address and at the end of the week send in what you've work and how many hours. That way there's a record and keeps it nicely organised.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: next step advice ?

Post by terry2972 »

With my overtime I text my lino every day so there is a record its a great company
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: next step advice ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

comeracing wrote:we have a fairly new dom ,and to be totally honest he is bent as a boomerang,every thursday when we open our wage slips nearly half the work force march into his office,person A 2 HOURS DOWN ON WAGES/OVERTIME person B 3 1/2 HOURS DOWN person C 2 hr 25 mins down on wages,its a complete joke i was missing 1 hour 30 mins,went into office his reply was oh that would have been last Thursday I was told no pressure overtime,yes that really makes sense.To be the honest the dom is fiddling the figures,one lad went in today he worked his day off yesterday total 9 hours the dom said to him I will split hours up 4.5 on Friday and 4.5 on Saturday how can he do this when he worked his day off on Wednesday.ive had 1 wage slip right in the last 8 weeks,i know what you will all say work your time,well I soon will,he is on his last chance,is this cheating on the workforce worth reporting to the area rep,will it get us anywhere ?
Nothing unusual there. :sad:
The best advice might be not to do any overtime if that's what happens. :wave Just go home for a :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: next step advice ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

comeracing wrote:we have a fairly new dom ,and to be totally honest he is bent as a boomerang,every thursday when we open our wage slips nearly half the work force march into his office,person A 2 HOURS DOWN ON WAGES/OVERTIME person B 3 1/2 HOURS DOWN person C 2 hr 25 mins down on wages,its a complete joke i was missing 1 hour 30 mins,went into office his reply was oh that would have been last Thursday I was told no pressure overtime,yes that really makes sense.To be the honest the dom is fiddling the figures,one lad went in today he worked his day off yesterday total 9 hours the dom said to him I will split hours up 4.5 on Friday and 4.5 on Saturday how can he do this when he worked his day off on Wednesday.ive had 1 wage slip right in the last 8 weeks,i know what you will all say work your time,well I soon will,he is on his last chance,is this cheating on the workforce worth reporting to the area rep,will it get us anywhere ?
If everyone refused docket and explained why, politely, for a week, I'm guessing he would stop playing games.

But yes report your concerns up the Unions Chain.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: next step advice ?

Post by enskied »

Our DOM was doing this a while back. I pointed out it was a illegal deduction from my wages and technically fraud. It was laughed off until area rep gave DOM a call, all my OT was paid back in full next pay day.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: next step advice ?

Post by postslippete »

Hmm

I was looking at the Pressure Overtime sheet last Friday and it seem pretty full to me
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.