Can any advise me as to whether it is up to the person who has signed for a scheduled attendance to cover it if they are on leave? A lino told me today that we receive a payment under the new pay deal that means we must cover it and that we can be conducted if we don't cover it or do it, I think this is bulls**t but would like to know for sure.
many thanks...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
I'm 99% certain is B.S If you're working and you don't want to do the s/a then it is your responsibility to get it covered but if you're on A/L then you're not due to work so it's up to management to manage. The payment he is talking about I think is something that's been paid for a few years now, it's basically a payment to make you up to your normal working weeks wage. If you work 39 hours and 6 hours s/a your working week is a 45 hour week but when you're on leave you only receive 39 hours pay so the payment I think he is talking about is to make your a/l wage up to your average working week wage.
That's my understanding of it but as I said I'm not 100% sure.
That's my understanding of it but as I said I'm not 100% sure.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
total bulls..hitjamwell wrote:Can any advise me as to whether it is up to the person who has signed for a scheduled attendance to cover it if they are on leave? A lino told me today that we receive a payment under the new pay deal that means we must cover it and that we can be conducted if we don't cover it or do it, I think this is bulls**t but would like to know for sure.
many thanks...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=24108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
To be fair that agreement does not mention anything about leave. Were as the "Way forward agreement" does:
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 20Taking Leave: Employees may not attend the office whilst on annual or other leave. This means that employees may not attend the office to work overtime or Scheduled Attendance.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
apart from the bit where it says annual leave is an adequate reason.ganda wrote:To be fair that agreement does not mention anything about leave.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
if your on leave you will still get paid for you s/a. its up to the Dom to cover your duty. any other time its up to you to find cover. eg if you want to swop days or can't do it for any other reasonjamwell wrote:Can any advise me as to whether it is up to the person who has signed for a scheduled attendance to cover it if they are on leave? A lino told me today that we receive a payment under the new pay deal that means we must cover it and that we can be conducted if we don't cover it or do it, I think this is bulls**t but would like to know for sure.
many thanks...
-
barrowc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
Also from the Way Forward (p. 34):
17.11 Where an individual is unable to attend for Scheduled Attendance the Resourcing Unit must be advised, giving at least 24 hours' notice, together with the reasons for non-attendance. The Resourcing Unit will then reallocate the SA to the nominated substitute. Where this is not possible, the attendance will be treated as an unforeseen absence and covered with ad-hoc overtime or lapsed.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
In our office its usually the PHG that draws up the the rota for the S.A. evening collections each week (so he can give himself the ones that most suit him!), one week when I was on annual leave nobody even noticed I was off and an entire evening collection that I had been put down for didn't get done.
I didn't get in any kind of trouble over it but the DOM made it clear that technically it was my responsibility to ensure it was covered.
I didn't get in any kind of trouble over it but the DOM made it clear that technically it was my responsibility to ensure it was covered.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Scheduled Att, Bit of advice please.
AFAIK the new SA agreement has only changed how they pay it when on holiday - nothing else.
If that's true then wackos DOM is telling porkies.
If that's true then wackos DOM is telling porkies.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.