ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flu jab

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
oldrope
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 221
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
Location: lapland

Flu jab

Post by oldrope »

Had my flu jab today and I'm feeling tip top....come and have a go Mr Flu if you think you are hard enough
houseoflords
Posts: 352
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
Gender: Male

Re: Flu jab

Post by houseoflords »

What's that got to do with RM?
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Flu jab

Post by wabbithunta »

Royal Mail..
Feeling Loved Up....

maybe? :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Flu jab

Post by Lounge Lizard »

oldrope wrote:Had my flu jab today and I'm feeling tip top....come and have a go Mr Flu if you think you are hard enough
There's many other diseases, some of them much nastier than flu, that you could still be struck down with. :shock:
Don't be so complacent. :no no
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Flu jab

Post by spiderj »

Looks like combine flu/prozac
I won
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Flu jab

Post by doorstepped »

Oldrope.

Come back on here in 3 to 4 days time and tell how your arm is :shock: ;)

it might only be a small needle and it does not hurt at the time, but you arm will start to ache soon enough :wink:
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Flu jab

Post by rhino49 »

Been having them every year since I was 60 - never had a problem and never had flu during that time despite all the scares. I had real 'flu once in my late 30's and never want it again - so many people have a winter cold and call it 'flu but it very patently isn't. I always found that outdoor exertion in fresh air was the quickest way to get rid of a cold and cycling to work got me there feeling a lot better than colleagues who drove in.
I do think however, that in a business which relies so heavily on reliable attendance, that 'flu jabs should be offered to staff free of charge as well as chiropody and podiatry services for the guys and girls walking the streets every day.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
oldrope
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 221
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 16:17
Location: lapland

Re: Flu jab

Post by oldrope »

doorstepped wrote:Oldrope.

Come back on here in 3 to 4 days time and tell how your arm is :shock: ;)

it might only be a small needle and it does not hurt at the time, but you arm will start to ache soon enough :wink:


It was like a bee sting at the time but arm is fine no problems at the mail centre gym
hans solo
Posts: 3281
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: Flu jab

Post by hans solo »

we used to get flu jabs 20+ yrs ago the 20 odd quid per person was deemed too expensive
caring employer ;liar
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Flu jab

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Ebola will soon be more of a problem than flu. :shock:
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Flu jab

Post by wookie »

hans solo wrote:we used to get flu jabs 20+ yrs ago the 20 odd quid per person was deemed too expensive
caring employer ;liar
£9 in my local Tesco superstore. Mine is booked for 2 weeks time when i'm off. Totally free as asthmatic, which came as a surprise to me a few years back as I didn't know.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Flu jab

Post by music4essex »

I do think however, that in a business which relies so heavily on reliable attendance, that 'flu jabs should be offered to staff free of charge as well as chiropody and podiatry services for the guys and girls walking the streets every day.
I agree, had mine free though as I suffered with pluresy 20yrs ago, not something I want again , really knocked me out .

Essex mum
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Flu jab

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I'm currently flu-ed up , or a bad cold anyway, aching chest every day and hurts like hell when I sneeze, but being on a stage 2 with regualar plantar foot pain I cannot now go off to get a good night's sleep :cry
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Flu jab

Post by k979aaa »

oldrope wrote:Had my flu jab today and I'm feeling tip top....come and have a go Mr Flu if you think you are hard enough
Their is nearly 100 mutations of the Flu virus (Influencer virus) so don't think you are immune as the jab only covers the three most prevalent in the summer and as air travel spreads this virus it will be worse after everyone comes back after the summer holidays.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Flu jab

Post by wabbithunta »

k979aaa wrote:
oldrope wrote:Had my flu jab today and I'm feeling tip top....come and have a go Mr Flu if you think you are hard enough
Their is nearly 100 mutations of the Flu virus (Influencer virus) so don't think you are immune as the jab only covers the three most prevalent in the summer and as air travel spreads this virus it will be worse after everyone comes back after the summer holidays.

So is the Flu jab meant to stop RM managers making you do things you don't want to do then?
Oh hang on, you mean influenza and not influencer! my bad! :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"