ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Second Job
-
abbo75
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 13:14
- Location: Norfolk
Second Job
I have been offered a second job in addition to my full time OPG role. It is delivering for Hermes which I could do in the afternoons. I need the extra funds, can anyone see a problem with this?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Second Job
Yes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
postmanplod69
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
- Location: at my frame
Re: Second Job
Conflict of interests ?
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
Are you trolling? You'd be sacked, read your contract. 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
he is hardly trolling if he joined this site june 2007Rory wrote:Are you trolling? You'd be sacked, read your contract.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
sorry or maybe sheaiden01 wrote:he is hardly trolling if he joined this site june 2007Rory wrote:Are you trolling? You'd be sacked, read your contract.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Second Job
your contract will state that you can't work for a company that is in direct competition with RM.
not got me contract to hand but it probably says that you can't for a certain length of time after your employment ends either ( but like I say, not sure on this one, but was in my contract when I left Securicor Omega Expess a few years ago )
not got me contract to hand but it probably says that you can't for a certain length of time after your employment ends either ( but like I say, not sure on this one, but was in my contract when I left Securicor Omega Expess a few years ago )
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Second Job
Question answered and sorted.. 'scuse the pun! 
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Second Job
Non compete only applied when employed by RM
That's why I'm nice to all the other couriers when I see them
Might be joining them one day
That's why I'm nice to all the other couriers when I see them
Might be joining them one day
I won
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Second Job
The exact wording:
Employment
4. Your employment with Royal Mail is a Part Time Occupation. You must not engage in any other employment such that you would be unable to meet your contractual obligations to Royal Mail. Further, any additional hours of work you may perform for another employer aggregated with those which you perform under this contract must not exceed the limits which apply under the Working Time Regulations 1998 or any agreements which relate to working time. You must not be involved in or have an interest in the activities of any organisation whose business is in competition with that of Royal Mail or any of its business units or subsidiaries and must advise Royal Mail of any other employment which you hold or intend to take.
This is from my contract written in 2004 so references to publications may be out of date, but the essence of the contract clause remains.
Employment
4. Your employment with Royal Mail is a Part Time Occupation. You must not engage in any other employment such that you would be unable to meet your contractual obligations to Royal Mail. Further, any additional hours of work you may perform for another employer aggregated with those which you perform under this contract must not exceed the limits which apply under the Working Time Regulations 1998 or any agreements which relate to working time. You must not be involved in or have an interest in the activities of any organisation whose business is in competition with that of Royal Mail or any of its business units or subsidiaries and must advise Royal Mail of any other employment which you hold or intend to take.
This is from my contract written in 2004 so references to publications may be out of date, but the essence of the contract clause remains.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
abbo75
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 13:14
- Location: Norfolk
Re: Second Job
Thanks guys for clarifying the issue, I thought there would be issues with it. I'll pass it on to the wife then, she wants to do it now so its a win win situation for me.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Second Job
Hermes?? You having a laff here you shouldn't be allowed to wear a royal mail uniform . just like one of us working for whistl (TNT) I no its f@@@ all to do with me what you do but talk about shi@@ on someone's doorstepabbo75 wrote:I have been offered a second job in addition to my full time OPG role. It is delivering for Hermes which I could do in the afternoons. I need the extra funds, can anyone see a problem with this?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Second Job
bit of an OTT reaction to an honest question maisymoo04
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
abbo75
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 13:14
- Location: Norfolk
Re: Second Job
Thanks Maisymoo for your comments which I'll take on board and then forget instantly! Best you get back to getting drunk and chasing women, much more worthwhile I'm sure.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Second Job
Like that has anything to do with it.aiden01 wrote:he is hardly trolling if he joined this site june 2007Rory wrote:Are you trolling? You'd be sacked, read your contract.