ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Who buys their own shoes?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Who buys their own shoes?
What's the official procedure for claiming money back? How does the money get credited to you? Is there a limit how many times a year you can claim?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
Apparently, as I was told this week, you need a referral to ATOS,via your line manager,you need a valid medical reason, otherwise if you fall over whilst wearing your own shoes,it is deemed your fault ,whether that is true or not is a moot point.norm wrote:What's the official procedure for claiming money back? How does the money get credited to you? Is there a limit how many times a year you can claim?
As for getting your dosh back,I am told it is £30,no idea if that is correct,I believe you can claim one per year. Check with your line manager for the official version!
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
Gp line is all that's needed
AS far as how many...haven't found out yet.
But what a difference
AS far as how many...haven't found out yet.
But what a difference
I won
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
Doctors Note is all you need, mine charged £20 for it. I am now almost twelve weeks into wearing my own footwear and as a result my back pain from a ruptured disc has reduced at least 90 %. I am off strong painkillers completely and had no sciatic problems at all, first time in over two years
Believe a receipt must be shown to DOM and £30 or just over gets paid back through wages, though I have not claimed yet. I am wearing a neutral Fell running trainer now. waterproof and great grip.
Believe a receipt must be shown to DOM and £30 or just over gets paid back through wages, though I have not claimed yet. I am wearing a neutral Fell running trainer now. waterproof and great grip.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
£30 quid Max
I buy from Amazon warehouse deals,good prices on decent stuff.
Currently on karrimor,also using orthotics.
It had got to the stage where I could hardly walk by the end of a shift and was looking at leaving.
Now my feet are better as is my hip and back.
When I'm submitting a receipt tho I use tk maxx or blacks etc and keep an eye out for d eals,a good hiking shoe/boot that doesn't twist and is waterproof with heel and toe protection.
Good luck
I buy from Amazon warehouse deals,good prices on decent stuff.
Currently on karrimor,also using orthotics.
It had got to the stage where I could hardly walk by the end of a shift and was looking at leaving.
Now my feet are better as is my hip and back.
When I'm submitting a receipt tho I use tk maxx or blacks etc and keep an eye out for d eals,a good hiking shoe/boot that doesn't twist and is waterproof with heel and toe protection.
Good luck
I won
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
I got referred to Atos back at the start of the year suffering from Patelofemoral pain in my right knee.
Have been given the green light to wear my own shoes. Can anyone recommend a decent pair that will last a while?
Most of the ones i've looked at are similar to the YDS but because the sole on them is hard (compared to the cat trainers which were fine for me) they make the pain worse.
I picked up a cheapo pair which only lasted 4 weeks
Have been given the green light to wear my own shoes. Can anyone recommend a decent pair that will last a while?
Most of the ones i've looked at are similar to the YDS but because the sole on them is hard (compared to the cat trainers which were fine for me) they make the pain worse.
I picked up a cheapo pair which only lasted 4 weeks
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
They have to be walking shoes and not training shoes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Who buys their own shoes?
http://www.newbalance.co.uk/New-Balance ... GB,pd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;bobthepostie wrote:I got referred to Atos back at the start of the year suffering from Patelofemoral pain in my right knee.
Have been given the green light to wear my own shoes. Can anyone recommend a decent pair that will last a while?
Most of the ones i've looked at are similar to the YDS but because the sole on them is hard (compared to the cat trainers which were fine for me) they make the pain worse.
I picked up a cheapo pair which only lasted 4 weeks
I use these. In terms of cushioning they are excellent, plus they come in the extra wide (4e) fitting I need. Drawbacks; not waterproof, not as big grip.
Review on the site from a fellow postie:
"Being a postman I spend all day on my feet so I need a light, comfortable and well cushioned shoe. These fit the bill perfectly. No breaking in needed and the Abzorb cushioning is superb. The grip is perfect for slippery tiled garden paths and seems to be wearing well considering I walk plenty of miles a day. I just wish that New Balance could provide Royal Mail these shoes instead of the terrible ones we are given at the moment!"