ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ID card travel on first bus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

ID card travel on first bus

Post by Postiebear »

I use public transport to travel to and from work, I have always been allowed on the bus by showing the driver my ID card, today a driver said this agreement has now stopped, only happened a few days ago and all posties should have been told by management, I wasn't told has anyone else been told about this?
island_boy
Posts: 58
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 20:12

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by island_boy »

Postiebear wrote:I use public transport to travel to and from work, I have always been allowed on the bus by showing the driver my ID card, today a driver said this agreement has now stopped, only happened a few days ago and all posties should have been told by management, I wasn't told has anyone else been told about this?

Royal Mail have stopped paying for the travel with First, there was an account but RM have decided to withdraw it, Also it wasnt supposed to be used for travel to and from work, it was only supposed to be used whilst on delivery, ie to and from start and finish of run, our office was told last week that it had been withdrawn.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by dave72 »

I thought this stopped years ago?

If coming back from delivery, save your bus ticket and claim it back :thumbup

I was shocked when the bus driver said £2:80p for a 4 mile trip, I handed him 80p and he said no £2:80p :shock:
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by royalmailslave »

Free travel stopped about 7 years ago...if not longer
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by Postiebear »

royalmailslave wrote:Free travel stopped about 7 years ago...if not longer
Not in Glasgow it didn't, Iv'e been using first bus since I joined RM by just showing my id card.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.

SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.

SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
- but don't tell HMRC. :no no
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: ID card travel on first bus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.

SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
- but don't tell HMRC. :no no
or use whilst only on duty, or while commuting. :thumbup (The same rules apply as for CDVs apparently) :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.