ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ID card travel on first bus
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
ID card travel on first bus
I use public transport to travel to and from work, I have always been allowed on the bus by showing the driver my ID card, today a driver said this agreement has now stopped, only happened a few days ago and all posties should have been told by management, I wasn't told has anyone else been told about this?
-
island_boy
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 20:12
Re: ID card travel on first bus
Postiebear wrote:I use public transport to travel to and from work, I have always been allowed on the bus by showing the driver my ID card, today a driver said this agreement has now stopped, only happened a few days ago and all posties should have been told by management, I wasn't told has anyone else been told about this?
Royal Mail have stopped paying for the travel with First, there was an account but RM have decided to withdraw it, Also it wasnt supposed to be used for travel to and from work, it was only supposed to be used whilst on delivery, ie to and from start and finish of run, our office was told last week that it had been withdrawn.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: ID card travel on first bus
I thought this stopped years ago?
If coming back from delivery, save your bus ticket and claim it back
I was shocked when the bus driver said £2:80p for a 4 mile trip, I handed him 80p and he said no £2:80p
If coming back from delivery, save your bus ticket and claim it back
I was shocked when the bus driver said £2:80p for a 4 mile trip, I handed him 80p and he said no £2:80p
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: ID card travel on first bus
Free travel stopped about 7 years ago...if not longer
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Re: ID card travel on first bus
Not in Glasgow it didn't, Iv'e been using first bus since I joined RM by just showing my id card.royalmailslave wrote:Free travel stopped about 7 years ago...if not longer
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: ID card travel on first bus
We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.
SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: ID card travel on first bus
- but don't tell HMRC.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.
SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: ID card travel on first bus
or use whilst only on duty, or while commuting.Lounge Lizard wrote:- but don't tell HMRC.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:We are getting delayed free travel on buses in Huddersfield. Daily bus fares are around £3 - £5.00 (return daily), but First do a local weekly Rover costing £12.
SO RM agreed we could get the rovers and the claim retrospectively, ensuring free travel for the whole week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.