ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sore feet
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Sore feet
Is there any difference in comfort (not a word RM recognise) between the current range of footwear? Since going on a HCT from my bike duty I can barely walk at the end of the round. And thats on top of my knees having issues as well!
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 679
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
Re: Sore feet
mate, the 4 - 5 hour HCTs are a certain recipe to ruin your feet and ankles. When i get home and sit down for a while, as soon as i get up i am limping hobbling about like an eighty year old! TBH im fine when i get warmed up so doing the delivery itself is ok. As for the footwear i find that wearing different trainers seems to help me rather than the same pair every day. But overall, its gonna knacker you and theres not much you can do about it.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
I replaced the insoles in my yds trainers with some orthotic insoles from amazon,,,cost a tenner,, my feet feel much better at the end of a shift now
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
I've had to buy my own wide fitting trainers as squeezing my feet into the yds shoes was causing my feet no end of trouble. Also use an orthotic insole to support my arches seems to do the trick.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orthotic-suppor ... ic+insoles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orthotic-suppor ... ic+insoles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
BexyB9
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
- Gender: Female
Re: Sore feet
My advice it to steer clear of the Anvil trainers. They just about crippled me on an HCT round. I ordered some YDS and they are really comfy on me.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Sore feet
Also try massage with golf/tennis balls under the foot.I also got a shiatsu massager.
Its the biz.
Its the biz.
I won
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Sore feet
I agree they are terrible,I've found the best ones are the CAT boots with a good footbed/insole.BexyB9 wrote:My advice it to steer clear of the Anvil trainers. They just about crippled me on an HCT round. I ordered some YDS and they are really comfy on me.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
I find my YDS reasonably comfy as long as I wear my prescribed orthotics in them http://www.vasylimedical.com/products/p ... nsity.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;BexyB9 wrote:My advice it to steer clear of the Anvil trainers. They just about crippled me on an HCT round. I ordered some YDS and they are really comfy on me.
Just a shame that 6 weeks since getting my YDS, the soles have worn down to almost fresh air!
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
I will give the orthotics insoles a try. I currently have a pair of Boots (the chemist) insoles and my feet still feel bad. Also the shoes both YDS and a pair of CAT shoes I found I had have caused painful rubbing on my toes. With dried blood on my socks today!!
Don't expect insoles will help that issue. I dread going to work at the moment and can see me going off sick if only for a few days to help my feet briefly recover.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sore feet
Take a spare pair of socks out on the round and stop half way around and change them. This will keep your feet dryer and help with rubbing. I would also recommend a high cotton percentage pair.fly-catchers wrote:I will give the orthotics insoles a try. I currently have a pair of Boots (the chemist) insoles and my feet still feel bad. Also the shoes both YDS and a pair of CAT shoes I found I had have caused painful rubbing on my toes. With dried blood on my socks today!!Don't expect insoles will help that issue. I dread going to work at the moment and can see me going off sick if only for a few days to help my feet briefly recover.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
These are the very same supports I now use along with YDS trainers. Arch pains have abated since using them.norm wrote:I've had to buy my own wide fitting trainers as squeezing my feet into the yds shoes was causing my feet no end of trouble. Also use an orthotic insole to support my arches seems to do the trick.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orthotic-suppor ... ic+insoles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
One thing I do find with insoles is that my toes feel more squashed and tend to rub. Apart from packing the shoes with crumpled up newspaper to help to stretch them is there any other ideas I can try?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sore feet
fly-catchers wrote:One thing I do find with insoles is that my toes feel more squashed and tend to rub. Apart from packing the shoes with crumpled up newspaper to help to stretch them is there any other ideas I can try?
In the forces I used 2 tricks. 1 was to spend time flexing and bending the shoe for some time. The other less savoury method, and you may not wish to do this - is too urinate on them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Sore feet
Pee ing does work
If mine are stiff I wear them in the shower to soften them up
Then they shape to my foot
Then pack and dry/polish

If mine are stiff I wear them in the shower to soften them up
Then they shape to my foot
Then pack and dry/polish
I won
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Sore feet
Just tried my new prescribed orthotics today (Vasily full length). Seem to be OK, although the real test will be how my feet feel after the end of the week