Sadly got a bad ATOS report saying I should be registered as disabled under the equalities act. So job gone.
Sad because even though I whine as much as the next guy I did actually like being a postman.
I know about the pay-off but not yet been told about what happens to my (shares or pension).
Anyone any ideas. I fear my shares are actually gone.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ill Health Retirement
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
You should get to keep your shares and your pension would be deferred.Postal Postie II wrote:Sadly got a bad ATOS report saying I should be registered as disabled under the equalities act. So job gone.
Sad because even though I whine as much as the next guy I did actually like being a postman.
I know about the pay-off but not yet been told about what happens to my (shares or pension).
Anyone any ideas. I fear my shares are actually gone.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Unless they find you a job you can do.Postal Postie II wrote:Sadly got a bad ATOS report saying I should be registered as disabled under the equalities act. So job gone.
They have a responsibility to try and find you a suitable role.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Cheers Robert. That would be excellent news. 
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Your shares are safe if you have to leave the business because you will be leaving on good terms and not for any disciplinary reason.Postal Postie II wrote:Sadly got a bad ATOS report saying I should be registered as disabled under the equalities act. So job gone.
Sad because even though I whine as much as the next guy I did actually like being a postman.
I know about the pay-off but not yet been told about what happens to my (shares or pension).
Anyone any ideas. I fear my shares are actually gone.
Do you actually have to leave the business or can there not be a duty structured to meet with your degree of disability and you can at least stay in employment.
Your pension would be frozen until you reach the age for withdrawal but you can still contribute if you still wish or transfer to another pension provider.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Just to clarify and assuming you're leaving your RM job:rehabron wrote:Your shares are safe if you have to leave the business because you will be leaving on good terms and not for any disciplinary reason.Postal Postie II wrote:Sadly got a bad ATOS report saying I should be registered as disabled under the equalities act. So job gone.
Sad because even though I whine as much as the next guy I did actually like being a postman.
I know about the pay-off but not yet been told about what happens to my (shares or pension).
Anyone any ideas. I fear my shares are actually gone.
Do you actually have to leave the business or can there not be a duty structured to meet with your degree of disability and you can at least stay in employment.
Your pension would be frozen until you reach the age for withdrawal but you can still contribute if you still wish or transfer to another pension provider.
If you're in the final/average salary pension, it would be deferred and would increase with inflation until you choose to take it(after age 55). If you're in the defined contribution pension with Zurich, you can keep it where it is but you would not be able to still contribute to it. Or transfer it to another pension provider and then you should be able to still pay in.
Last edited by RobertT on 29 Sep 2014, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Sorry ROBERT T do not have the terms to give a comparison between RMPP and Zurich maybe someone can give you this info.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Sadly I agreed totally with the assessment and have left.
I can sit at a desk and work but that's about it. Not many offices have vacancies for sitting at a desk all day.
Recently I have been on light sorting duties and even struggling with that. (just 4 hours per day). Deliveries are a no, cannot carry anything heavy, not able to do steps or hilly drives. Can only walk for about 15 mins before increase in pain. Collections has the same heavy weight problem plus driving increases neck pain any time I hit a junction or blind spot etc.
I am in pain ALL the time, whether working or not. Some days are worse than others. Lately the days I cannot cope with the pain have increased.
Eventually I will make a full recovery but it's been almost 2 years now of time off, light duties, normal duties then repeat.
I can sit at a desk and work but that's about it. Not many offices have vacancies for sitting at a desk all day.
Recently I have been on light sorting duties and even struggling with that. (just 4 hours per day). Deliveries are a no, cannot carry anything heavy, not able to do steps or hilly drives. Can only walk for about 15 mins before increase in pain. Collections has the same heavy weight problem plus driving increases neck pain any time I hit a junction or blind spot etc.
I am in pain ALL the time, whether working or not. Some days are worse than others. Lately the days I cannot cope with the pain have increased.
Eventually I will make a full recovery but it's been almost 2 years now of time off, light duties, normal duties then repeat.
-
tonymackem
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 22:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Postie ,i also went on IHR coming up to 2 years ago i have find that the constant living with pain has receded the need for painkillers stopped hope you enjoy the same all the best
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement
Coming up to 18 months since I took IHR...best thing I ever done...pains in the feet..in the knees and the bad backs all long gone.. 