ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Door to doors

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Door to doors

Post by Patti-Ann »

A question - I job share and we work Thursday to Wednesday alternate. Usually my workmate does loops 1 - 3 over Monday to Wednesday and I do loop 4 on Thursday. Then I do the same for her. However this week she is on leave, so I went back yesterday and they had been taken for one walk but the other walk hadn't been touched. I've taken loop four but what if I go tomorrow and he asks me to clear the rest? :shock:
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by terry2972 »

I would imagine you have to threw them in and take them but if you don't want to work over tell them you will be cutting off and what do they want you to do bring mail back or leave loops in office for them to sort out
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Door to doors

Post by Patti-Ann »

I don't want to go over my time. I got back to the office today and asked one of the line managers and he said take what you usually take, unfortunately he's not on my section :confused
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by terry2972 »

I would check with a lino with a witness as d2d are meant to be delivered by the end of Saturday you don't want to give them any ammunition watch your back!
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by dave72 »

We are told to take 20% a day
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by terry2972 »

dave72 wrote:We are told to take 20% a day
Same here but if somebody doesn't take them out so you end up with say 80% left by Saturday what happens I think you get shafted who knows
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Door to doors

Post by Patti-Ann »

If they insist they all have to go, I could take loops 1 - 3 and say I'll leave loop 4 in?
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by dave72 »

terry2972 wrote:
dave72 wrote:We are told to take 20% a day
Same here but if somebody doesn't take them out so you end up with say 80% left by Saturday what happens I think you get shafted who knows
Inform them that the bulk would take you over and you are working to your time :thumbup
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Door to doors

Post by feduppostie »

I would ask why the manager hasn't been doing daily checks to make sure the right amount had been taken each day :whistle
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by terry2972 »

My understanding is that they can tell you to take it all out or leave some behind its their decision. But tell them you will be cutting off if you have to take it all and I presume you will know if you will finish on time or not? And if not and you dont want the ot then cut off
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by dave72 »

feduppostie wrote:I would ask why the manager hasn't been doing daily checks to make sure the right amount had been taken each day :whistle
This and isn't it classed as willful delay too?
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Door to doors

Post by Patti-Ann »

terry2972 wrote:My understanding is that they can tell you to take it all out or leave some behind its their decision. But tell them you will be cutting off if you have to take it all and I presume you will know if you will finish on time or not? And if not and you dont want the ot then cut off

My finishing time on Saturday's is 2 pm. I could probably manage one loop but not all three. Plus we have the four walk collapse to consider too...
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Door to doors

Post by Patti-Ann »

To let you know what happened today.

They were one step ahead of me.

I got to work and one of my prep frames had been thrown out, so giving me time to put the door to doors together.

So I ended up doing the three loops :sad:

We didn't finish till 1.50, so I didn't have time to do the collapsing (which we'd left to the end). The driver dropped me off in town and went back out to do it.

I've heard there's about four or five door to doors due next week so something else to look forward to :mad
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Door to doors

Post by blakeyboy »

You only do 16 per cent per day it's not your problem if they don't all get done.Just do your percentage of them as normal.You cannot be expected to clear them all in one day!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Door to doors

Post by clashcityrocker »

blakeyboy wrote:You cannot be expected to clear them all in one day!
Yes you can if you have sufficient time in your contracted hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.