ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door to doors
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Door to doors
A question - I job share and we work Thursday to Wednesday alternate. Usually my workmate does loops 1 - 3 over Monday to Wednesday and I do loop 4 on Thursday. Then I do the same for her. However this week she is on leave, so I went back yesterday and they had been taken for one walk but the other walk hadn't been touched. I've taken loop four but what if I go tomorrow and he asks me to clear the rest? 
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
I would imagine you have to threw them in and take them but if you don't want to work over tell them you will be cutting off and what do they want you to do bring mail back or leave loops in office for them to sort out
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Door to doors
I don't want to go over my time. I got back to the office today and asked one of the line managers and he said take what you usually take, unfortunately he's not on my section 
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
I would check with a lino with a witness as d2d are meant to be delivered by the end of Saturday you don't want to give them any ammunition watch your back!
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
We are told to take 20% a day
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
Same here but if somebody doesn't take them out so you end up with say 80% left by Saturday what happens I think you get shafted who knowsdave72 wrote:We are told to take 20% a day
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Door to doors
If they insist they all have to go, I could take loops 1 - 3 and say I'll leave loop 4 in?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
Inform them that the bulk would take you over and you are working to your timeterry2972 wrote:Same here but if somebody doesn't take them out so you end up with say 80% left by Saturday what happens I think you get shafted who knowsdave72 wrote:We are told to take 20% a day
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Door to doors
I would ask why the manager hasn't been doing daily checks to make sure the right amount had been taken each day 
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
My understanding is that they can tell you to take it all out or leave some behind its their decision. But tell them you will be cutting off if you have to take it all and I presume you will know if you will finish on time or not? And if not and you dont want the ot then cut off
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
This and isn't it classed as willful delay too?feduppostie wrote:I would ask why the manager hasn't been doing daily checks to make sure the right amount had been taken each day
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Door to doors
terry2972 wrote:My understanding is that they can tell you to take it all out or leave some behind its their decision. But tell them you will be cutting off if you have to take it all and I presume you will know if you will finish on time or not? And if not and you dont want the ot then cut off
My finishing time on Saturday's is 2 pm. I could probably manage one loop but not all three. Plus we have the four walk collapse to consider too...
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Door to doors
To let you know what happened today.
They were one step ahead of me.
I got to work and one of my prep frames had been thrown out, so giving me time to put the door to doors together.
So I ended up doing the three loops
We didn't finish till 1.50, so I didn't have time to do the collapsing (which we'd left to the end). The driver dropped me off in town and went back out to do it.
I've heard there's about four or five door to doors due next week so something else to look forward to
They were one step ahead of me.
I got to work and one of my prep frames had been thrown out, so giving me time to put the door to doors together.
So I ended up doing the three loops
We didn't finish till 1.50, so I didn't have time to do the collapsing (which we'd left to the end). The driver dropped me off in town and went back out to do it.
I've heard there's about four or five door to doors due next week so something else to look forward to
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to doors
You only do 16 per cent per day it's not your problem if they don't all get done.Just do your percentage of them as normal.You cannot be expected to clear them all in one day!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Door to doors
Yes you can if you have sufficient time in your contracted hours.blakeyboy wrote:You cannot be expected to clear them all in one day!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.