ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jobshare

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mcgarrydware
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 May 2014, 15:34
Gender: Male

Jobshare

Post by mcgarrydware »

Can anybody tell me the names of delivery offices that have staff on jobshares
that are cover the full six days. three and three. My boss says he will consider it
if he can phone an office and find out how it was done.
here we normally work five days with a floater covering the day off. Boss says what
is he to do with the floater when he is supposed to cover the day off..


mick
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Jobshare

Post by glenfiddich »

hull cdo have them
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Jobshare

Post by Lincox »

I am job share doing 3+3. The way we work it is that I do Thursday through to the following Wednesday then my job share partner does the same for the next Thursday through to Wednesday, so six on, six off.
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: Jobshare

Post by Patti-Ann »

Lincox wrote:I am job share doing 3+3. The way we work it is that I do Thursday through to the following Wednesday then my job share partner does the same for the next Thursday through to Wednesday, so six on, six off.
I've done this for about ten years now.

If I can I try to arrange two weeks holiday between two 'week off' weeks - that way I'm off for a three week stretch :dance

Just to add, we do 23.5 hours Thursday to Saturday, then 23.5 hours Monday to Wednesday
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Jobshare

Post by Lincox »

Yes Patti thats what we try to do, gives you a great long break, and also if either wants a day off we cover. We only do 7 hour days though so 21 hours each per week.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4105
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Jobshare

Post by ted_e_bear »

It sounds pretty simple really, looks like manager is just concerned about changing from the norm. Why don't you suggest that either you or your opposite who will do the other 3 days will act as reserve when it falls on the natural day off for the duty.

Suppose you could also offer to do a 5 day fortnight between the 2 of you to accommodate the rotating day off but obviously you'd lose pay that way.