ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
packets getting silly now....
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
packets getting silly now....
Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!
We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!
I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!
I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Get used to it it's only gonna get worse in the forthcoming 12 weeks
-
char1ie
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 05 Jul 2013, 20:50
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
We are essentially Parcel force now
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: packets getting silly now....
One word..doorstepsophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!
We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!
I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: packets getting silly now....
Two words ...the sack.tonytucker wrote:One word..doorstepsophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!
We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!
I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Don't forget deliver to neighbour
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
tonytucker wrote:One word..doorstepsophie97 wrote:Today we were hit hard with packets, One loop I counted 17 packets, I took back 15!!!
We had to cut off today which I dont like doing simply because of so many packets and red cards to write out!
I must of spent over an hour simply waiting at doors and filling in p739s
FFS
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: packets getting silly now....
When is something going to be done about it? Its the core problem I fell to many issues.GoingRoundTheBend wrote:Don't forget deliver to neighbour![]()
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
If we are a parcel delivery service managing a declining volume of letters, why are there not more parcel only delivery roles all year round and an introduction of letter only walks?

-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
Neighbour, or neighbours? I recently read in some rag, "all our postmen/women know to try up to 3 neighbours". Plus there was something about "make sure you leave enough time after knocking".GoingRoundTheBend wrote:Don't forget deliver to neighbour![]()
When will the powers that be realise that when we are inundated with packets like this then we do not have time to try various neighbours.
I felt like I spent most of my duty writing 739
I feel like asking Moya "how much time is 'enough'?"
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
I've taken a new tack to delivering parcels and am now pretty much 100%
Make sure you know where the only old dears live and ask them , yes you have to endure many cups of tea and slices of cake and at the moment I'm now delivering 6 packets a day
Downside is that Ive put on 3 stone
, bright side is that I leave 6 loops
Hey they can't have everything now can they !!!
Make sure you know where the only old dears live and ask them , yes you have to endure many cups of tea and slices of cake and at the moment I'm now delivering 6 packets a day
Downside is that Ive put on 3 stone
Hey they can't have everything now can they !!!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
but remember, delivery to a neighbour takes no extra time !! :arrrghhh
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Re: packets getting silly now....
I,ve been struggling for quite sometime with the amount of oversize parcels I have to deliver. Because i,m a village postie I have no van driver to take large parcels, large tracked and large specials so I have use a bungee cord to strap them to the back of my bike once the panniers are full. I,ve decided to start taking photos once I,m overloaded to make the managers aware that it's starting to get a safety issue. Just hope plans are in force for the Christmas period this year or there are going to be a lot of unhappy customers.
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: packets getting silly now....
50 plus packets today on a P&L, half of them bigger than the pouches! Park n loop becoming pretty pointless when you can't fit the packets in the bags. 
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: packets getting silly now....
thecompletepackage wrote:50 plus packets today on a P&L, half of them bigger than the pouches! Park n loop becoming pretty pointless when you can't fit the packets in the bags.
Pretty pointless in our office too when we can't even fit them in the van!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?