ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
tracked, i kid you not
-
thewayforwardarse
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 05 Nov 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
tracked, i kid you not
been informed this week , we are failing on tracked items. So from now on No answer from neighbour just take it to your next house where you have a packet for, no limits does not matter how far away ....just ask them
-
postmanplod69
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
- Location: at my frame
Re: tracked, i kid you not
87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
sounds very time consuming, could well take me way over my time if I have to walk back to a house to put in a 739 of where their packet is multiple times.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: tracked, i kid you not
To be honest, it sounds like the business has become fixated on some metric for good customer service while forgetting what good customer service actually is.
Yeah. We all like our stuff delivered as soon as possible. But if it's dropped off to some stranger a block over and we have to track it down ourselves, what's the point?
Yeah. We all like our stuff delivered as soon as possible. But if it's dropped off to some stranger a block over and we have to track it down ourselves, what's the point?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
youre right ACTUAL customer satisfaction means nothing, they dont care where things get delivered anymore so long as they can tick the box that it has been delivered to hit targets.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
You cant ask a neighbour half way up a street to take a parcel for a neighbour to which they probably don't know. Thats just crazy. I think properties next to where the parcel is going is mostly ok, you cant deliver to random people half way up the street. The customer would probably feel uncomfortably knocking on a strangers door, asking for their parcel back.
Royal mail really needs to push the safe place option on tracked items, weather that be in a porch etc or nominate a neighbour. That would help increase first time delivery rate.
Royal mail really needs to push the safe place option on tracked items, weather that be in a porch etc or nominate a neighbour. That would help increase first time delivery rate.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Tell them bollox,get the rep to tell them,get the rep to tell the area rep to tell uncle Bob who will do what he thinks is best,tell Moya as well,tell tell tell.
Bout time peeps just grassed on the scrotes running this fecking place.
Bout time peeps just grassed on the scrotes running this fecking place.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
i still believe its a customer failure. That may not sound like good customer service BUT we were there attempting to deliver, its not our fault theyre not in.
If I order something and know I wont be in, I either provide a secure place for the item to be left or accept the fact that I will have to collect the item from the depot, no matter who delivers it RM, TNT, Yodel etc... I DONT want my items left on my doorstep, and I DONT expect my neighbours to be some kind of drop off point for my parcels. I also DONT want couriers bothering my day bringing neighbours packages for me to hold onto, and then having the neighbour come around and bother me again. I also dont feel I should have to put a sticker or notice defacing my front door over the fact that I do not wish to be bothered. I know I cant be the only one who feels this way.
If I order something and know I wont be in, I either provide a secure place for the item to be left or accept the fact that I will have to collect the item from the depot, no matter who delivers it RM, TNT, Yodel etc... I DONT want my items left on my doorstep, and I DONT expect my neighbours to be some kind of drop off point for my parcels. I also DONT want couriers bothering my day bringing neighbours packages for me to hold onto, and then having the neighbour come around and bother me again. I also dont feel I should have to put a sticker or notice defacing my front door over the fact that I do not wish to be bothered. I know I cant be the only one who feels this way.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: tracked, i kid you not
It's all about targets and managers bonuses, bout time we got a bonus system going. Specials and recorded "don't bother just slip them but get rid of tracked" (which only costs the business posters about 40p extra) .
And if that person lives next door to a p.o. you CANNOT leave it there. It's about time post offices worked with rm for a change not against them .
Doomed companies we are, up the couriers who's bosses have more sense. We'll see who wins after christmas
And if that person lives next door to a p.o. you CANNOT leave it there. It's about time post offices worked with rm for a change not against them .
Doomed companies we are, up the couriers who's bosses have more sense. We'll see who wins after christmas
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
You leave signed for tracked with neighbours, it's only specials and international signed for you can't.postmanplod69 wrote:87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
There's a massive push on tracked ATM, we are hitting 92-95% but normal packets don't matter and we don't dtn with them so we do have a good go at getting rid of tracked.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Wrong, lots of signed for trackers CANNOT be left with neighbours.OnAFlyer wrote:You leave signed for tracked with neighbours, it's only specials and international signed for you can't.postmanplod69 wrote:87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Then you have got to go all the way back to post a 739...?thewayforwardarse wrote:been informed this week , we are failing on tracked items. So from now on No answer from neighbour just take it to your next house where you have a packet for, no limits does not matter how far away ....just ask them
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Hitcher wrote:Wrong, lots of signed for trackers CANNOT be left with neighbours.OnAFlyer wrote:You leave signed for tracked with neighbours, it's only specials and international signed for you can't.postmanplod69 wrote:87.4% delivery rate on my sector last week but I'd like to know where the tracked signed for you can't leave with neighbours are included,Managers putting pressure on you to get rid of tracked at all costs means more posties will doorstep,ask your Lino where the time is allocated in your duty to knock on any amount of neighbours doors until you get rid of the item.
Yes you can, it's in the delivery spec for them,
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: tracked, i kid you not
Even the ones that specifically state on the item "Do Not Leave With Neighbour " - If we have to follow Safe Place instructions then surely we have to follow these.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: tracked, i kid you not
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Even the ones that specifically state on the item "Do Not Leave With Neighbour " - If we have to follow Safe Place instructions then surely we have to follow these.
actually yes, the companies sending out tracked have agreed to the terms and conditions of the service if they dont want us to potentially leave with neighbour they should use another service ie special or even another company
think of it this way, if someone sends a special and they write on the special an instruction to leave with neighbour if not in, we would not follow that instruction, just because it says something on the item doesnt mean we need to do it, we follow the delivery spec for the product selected and deliver as appropriate