ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by eastie »

People still coming in up to an hour early having no meal relief and doing double lapsing.
I come in at my normal start time and have meal relief and work to my time and don't do double lapsing.
Even better was that these runners that come back 1st and have to take my lapsing out I left behind as well. :nana
So not only are they giving RM an extra hours work unpaid ,they have to take out extra for running around and finishing early.
and the muppets still don't get it that its their fault for the lapsing :arrrghhh
Plus they try to say we are slow for doing our jobs properly :chuckle
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by terry2972 »

They might like the extra exercise who knows???
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by DirtyHarry »

It's a symptom of the country we live in.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Future doms, start off being stupid and they will go far with their brown noses.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by rubberbond »

eastie wrote:People still coming in up to an hour early having no meal relief and doing double lapsing.
I come in at my normal start time and have meal relief and work to my time and don't do double lapsing.
Even better was that these runners that come back 1st and have to take my lapsing out I left behind as well. :nana
So not only are they giving RM an extra hours work unpaid ,they have to take out extra for running around and finishing early.
and the muppets still don't get it that its their fault for the lapsing :arrrghhh
Plus they try to say we are slow for doing our jobs properly :chuckle
And after all that ,they STILL have to finish at the stipulated time,what is wrong with these people? Madness,absolute madness.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Tuffers1875 »

Until the gaffer starts enforcing you work till your finish time, then everyone at our office is going to still do job and finish, ghost overtime etc. I'd pack this job up if I actually had to work my hours. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, I have a life outside this shitehole :wink:
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Postie45 »

Tuffers1875 wrote:Until the gaffer starts enforcing you work till your finish time, then everyone at our office is going to still do job and finish, ghost overtime etc. I'd pack this job up if I actually had to work my hours. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, I have a life outside this shitehole :wink:
so you`ll cut the job up and when the managers put a stop to it you`ll leave and let others deal with your mess, cheers for that
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Hitcher »

Tuffers1875 wrote:Until the gaffer starts enforcing you work till your finish time, then everyone at our office is going to still do job and finish, ghost overtime etc. I'd pack this job up if I actually had to work my hours. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, I have a life outside this shitehole :wink:
And get a job where you had to work your hours!

It's this 'I'm alright Jack' attitude that's caused all the problems in first place.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Tuffers1875 »

Postie45 wrote:
Tuffers1875 wrote:Until the gaffer starts enforcing you work till your finish time, then everyone at our office is going to still do job and finish, ghost overtime etc. I'd pack this job up if I actually had to work my hours. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, I have a life outside this shitehole :wink:
so you`ll cut the job up and when the managers put a stop to it you`ll leave and let others deal with your mess, cheers for that
Basically, yes.

'WE' we all do job and finish at our office apart from 2 who fcuk about all day and book half an hour extended. Why the fook would you want to work till 2:30/3:00 for £5 extra when you can p1ss off home 2/3 hours earlier?

Some of you who post on here really need to know what working for this shower is all about. You will only ever make time in this job, you will never make money :cuppa
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

eastie wrote:People still coming in up to an hour early having no meal relief and doing double lapsing.
I come in at my normal start time and have meal relief and work to my time and don't do double lapsing.
Even better was that these runners that come back 1st and have to take my lapsing out I left behind as well. :nana
So not only are they giving RM an extra hours work unpaid ,they have to take out extra for running around and finishing early.
and the muppets still don't get it that its their fault for the lapsing :arrrghhh
Plus they try to say we are slow for doing our jobs properly :chuckle
Probably young and fit, and doing all the extra will mean that their knees etc. will be knackered years before they should be. :Very Happy
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Chelseablue »

Whys not all offices been told that NO one starts before there time ? I thought it was compulsory in every office now ,and if not why s it only certain offices ?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Kings Norton »

Chelseablue wrote:Whys not all offices been told that NO one starts before there time ? I thought it was compulsory in every office now ,and if not why s it only certain offices ?
Only a matter of time something will happen to a clown in at 5 30 am and no first aider's on site then RM will be taken to the cleaners.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by 2pints »

Alot of people in my office on 8.30 starts come in early to avoid the horrendous traffic that school hour causes.I am included,but i sit in canteen with a coffee until it is time to start but alot just crack on as soon as they get in.I feel like i get 2 breaks every day :Very Happy
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by weary_posty »

2pints wrote:Alot of people in my office on 8.30 starts come in early to avoid the horrendous traffic that school hour causes.I am included,but i sit in canteen with a coffee until it is time to start but alot just crack on as soon as they get in.I feel like i get 2 breaks every day :Very Happy
This here is an example of the wrong attitude.

School traffic is not YOUR problem. If these same people done the job by the book the round wouldn't get finished alerting management there is a problem to address.

Them working 'free hours' could be the difference between them getting a full time 6.30 start job
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: I dont get it are they thick or just stupid?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Kings Norton wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Whys not all offices been told that NO one starts before there time ? I thought it was compulsory in every office now ,and if not why s it only certain offices ?
Only a matter of time something will happen to a clown in at 5 30 am and no first aider's on site then RM will be taken to the cleaners.
It's many months since there's been a first aider at my office :shock: but nobody's been seriously injured. :cuppa