ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Other Leafleters

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ray Von
Posts: 15
Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 09:46
Gender: Male

Other Leafleters

Post by Ray Von »

Every house on my delivery today had a leaflet hanging from the letterbox, with no effort to post it through. I found it bloody irritating. A few fell to the ground when I opened the flap but I felt like just pulling them all out! I'm normally not this grumpy but I had a few beers last night and have a bit of a sore head today l!! :arrrghhh . Anyway, I feel a bit better for sharing my moan!!!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by arnold cheshire »

Ray Von wrote:Every house on my delivery today had a leaflet hanging from the letterbox, with no effort to post it through. I found it bloody irritating. A few fell to the ground when I opened the flap but I felt like just pulling them all out! I'm normally not this grumpy but I had a few beers last night and have a bit of a sore head today l!! :arrrghhh . Anyway, I feel a bit better for sharing my moan!!!
i dont pick them up when they fall to the ground
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by Darren Bent »

Ditto and if we deliver like that, we will be in serious trouble, so why this nonsense :(
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by wannabeek »

It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
Ray Von
Posts: 15
Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 09:46
Gender: Male

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by Ray Von »

That's interesting. I just thought it was the leafleters being lazy!!
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by GT85 »

or they wedge their pizza menu in the letterbox so I have to pull it out to allow me to post the mail and my d2d pizza menu through :arrrghhh
We're all here because we're not all there
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by Chelseablue »

And them with pens inside grr
billy44
Posts: 29
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 09:12
Gender: Male

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by billy44 »

One on my round the other day was just dropping them on the floor by the doors,lazy arse!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
- and a clear indication a couple of days to burglars who's away on holiday. :shock:
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by claretandblue »

anythings that's left hanging out like charity bags gets pulled out, im not doing there jobs for them.
rick184
Posts: 62
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 21:10

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by rick184 »

If other leaflet companies are leaving items on the floor report them to the local council. It's littering.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by justdeno »

I followed a person doing just this years ago. He saw me leave the leaflets on the floor. He shouted at me to pick them up and put them in the letterbox. That was never going to happen and I told him so. I said to him if he's incapable off putting a leaflet in a letterbox then this work is not for him. :Very Happy
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by arnold cheshire »

rick184 wrote:If other leaflet companies are leaving items on the floor report them to the local council. It's littering.
on private land ?
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by Acca Dacca »

wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
How would that work if he's not inspected before the posties came and stuck em all through with the mail?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Other Leafleters

Post by wannabeek »

Acca Dacca wrote:
wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
How would that work if he's not inspected before the posties came and stuck em all through with the mail?
Well he wouldn't get fired straight away if his boss saw a street without leaflets once, but he'd sure as hell do his next drive-bys over that guy's patch more carefully as a priority. Believe me, RM doesn't have a monopoly on breathing-down-your-neck managers with targets to hit - they're everywhere!