ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Other Leafleters
-
Ray Von
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 09:46
- Gender: Male
Other Leafleters
Every house on my delivery today had a leaflet hanging from the letterbox, with no effort to post it through. I found it bloody irritating. A few fell to the ground when I opened the flap but I felt like just pulling them all out! I'm normally not this grumpy but I had a few beers last night and have a bit of a sore head today l!!
. Anyway, I feel a bit better for sharing my moan!!!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Other Leafleters
i dont pick them up when they fall to the groundRay Von wrote:Every house on my delivery today had a leaflet hanging from the letterbox, with no effort to post it through. I found it bloody irritating. A few fell to the ground when I opened the flap but I felt like just pulling them all out! I'm normally not this grumpy but I had a few beers last night and have a bit of a sore head today l!!. Anyway, I feel a bit better for sharing my moan!!!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Other Leafleters
Ditto and if we deliver like that, we will be in serious trouble, so why this nonsense :(
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Other Leafleters
It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
-
Ray Von
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 09:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Other Leafleters
That's interesting. I just thought it was the leafleters being lazy!!
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Other Leafleters
or they wedge their pizza menu in the letterbox so I have to pull it out to allow me to post the mail and my d2d pizza menu through 
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Other Leafleters
And them with pens inside grr
-
billy44
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 09:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Other Leafleters
One on my round the other day was just dropping them on the floor by the doors,lazy arse!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Other Leafleters
- and a clear indication a couple of days to burglars who's away on holiday.wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Other Leafleters
anythings that's left hanging out like charity bags gets pulled out, im not doing there jobs for them.
-
rick184
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 21:10
Re: Other Leafleters
If other leaflet companies are leaving items on the floor report them to the local council. It's littering.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Other Leafleters
I followed a person doing just this years ago. He saw me leave the leaflets on the floor. He shouted at me to pick them up and put them in the letterbox. That was never going to happen and I told him so. I said to him if he's incapable off putting a leaflet in a letterbox then this work is not for him. 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Other Leafleters
on private land ?rick184 wrote:If other leaflet companies are leaving items on the floor report them to the local council. It's littering.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Other Leafleters
How would that work if he's not inspected before the posties came and stuck em all through with the mail?wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Other Leafleters
Well he wouldn't get fired straight away if his boss saw a street without leaflets once, but he'd sure as hell do his next drive-bys over that guy's patch more carefully as a priority. Believe me, RM doesn't have a monopoly on breathing-down-your-neck managers with targets to hit - they're everywhere!Acca Dacca wrote:How would that work if he's not inspected before the posties came and stuck em all through with the mail?wannabeek wrote:It's so that the leafleter's boss can do a quick drive-by round the neighbourhood and see that the job's been done. Used to do that job loads many moons ago and the clear instructions were that the leaflet was to be left sticking out visible for this reason.