I started 15 months ago and another lad started 3 weeks after me. I was made permanent in March time less than a year of being employed and the other lad is still left dangling on short term temp contracts.!!! I feel a bit sorry for him cos he is the only one in the office on a temp and was actually surprised I got mine so quick. Surely it makes sense to tie him into a long term contract now as we are already short staffed and if I was him id probably be keeping my options open for other jobs.
I do know the average time to become a permanent postie can take two years though but I roughly started the same time as him.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When do they decide to make some permanent?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: When do they decide to make some permanent?
You're lucky. There are people here including myself with much longer service, some up to 3 years, still getting 6-week temp contracts over and over. I'm needing a new lever arch file to store them all in....postiewhite wrote:I started 15 months ago and another lad started 3 weeks after me. I was made permanent in March time less than a year of being employed and the other lad is still left dangling on short term temp contracts.!!! I feel a bit sorry for him cos he is the only one in the office on a temp and was actually surprised I got mine so quick. Surely it makes sense to tie him into a long term contract now as we are already short staffed and if I was him id probably be keeping my options open for other jobs.
I do know the average time to become a permanent postie can take two years though but I roughly started the same time as him.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: When do they decide to make some permanent?
i started on a temp 6 month contract and then was made permanent. bet they regret it now ive been off for just over 3 months with pattellofemoral pain sydrome due to overuse and stress of my knee joint and just got told by the physio that it will be months before my knee is back to normal ive yet to tell that last part to the dom i can just imagine his face. i started at the end of august 2012