ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering Tracked items 1st time
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Our DOM wants us all to try and deliver our packets 1st time
We are focussing on TRACKED items because it is something which shows up on the system. I have been reliably informed that we are not that far from being in pole position, so we are pulling out all the stops to be, well, at no. 1. For how long for I don't really know...
We are told to deliver to the neighbours, then next door but one, and well, anyone really that would be kind enough (or take pity on us) to take them off our overworked hands.
Managers were lie-ing in wait for us in the office checking on each postie to see how many they have brought back. Heck, one poor guy was even stripped searched of his pouch by three overbearing managers before he could even get through the door!!
My knuckles were surely sore by the time i returned to the office later than usual. And I thought, it won't be long before lino's start doing checks on how many packets/parcels/recordeds posties are bringing back to the office. DOH!!
We are focussing on TRACKED items because it is something which shows up on the system. I have been reliably informed that we are not that far from being in pole position, so we are pulling out all the stops to be, well, at no. 1. For how long for I don't really know...
We are told to deliver to the neighbours, then next door but one, and well, anyone really that would be kind enough (or take pity on us) to take them off our overworked hands.
Managers were lie-ing in wait for us in the office checking on each postie to see how many they have brought back. Heck, one poor guy was even stripped searched of his pouch by three overbearing managers before he could even get through the door!!
My knuckles were surely sore by the time i returned to the office later than usual. And I thought, it won't be long before lino's start doing checks on how many packets/parcels/recordeds posties are bringing back to the office. DOH!!
Last edited by postslippete on 18 Sep 2014, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
You reckon?...
Its standard practice
Just means if you don't want dockett you cut off
I refuse to enter the time warp argument lol
Its standard practice
Just means if you don't want dockett you cut off
I refuse to enter the time warp argument lol
I won
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Not in - card it. I don't have time to knock until I get rid of it.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
If they were really serious about "First Time Delivery" then we would have a chance of scooping the £100 First Time Delivery Bonus that many of our Parcelforce colleagues enjoy. 
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Or sending you out to deliver them when people might actually be in
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
£4 a weekLounge Lizard wrote:If they were really serious about "First Time Delivery" then we would have a chance of scooping the £100 First Time Delivery Bonus that many of our Parcelforce colleagues enjoy.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
The £100 I heard was annual, so you could get double that.eric the viking wrote:£4 a weekLounge Lizard wrote:If they were really serious about "First Time Delivery" then we would have a chance of scooping the £100 First Time Delivery Bonus that many of our Parcelforce colleagues enjoy.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Oh dear, im in the lino's bad books!!
Ive slipped 2 tracked items this morning and brought them back to the office. On both occasions i tried both next door neighbours and they were not in, so i just slipped them.
I did of course manage to deliver over a dozen or so other tracks, so i didn't think it would be a problem.
But no, he wasn't happy. Probably cause we got back to the office 20 mins early as well (i told the guy i was working with to let me eat me lunch in the van before setting off back).
Gosh, it won't be long before they try and make staff deliver all the parcels/recorded etc that they have got before coming back to the office. I have to say I really don't like all this deliver to neighbour lark. We were quite unique in the fact that we could never do so in the past. And even, now a lot of customers have stickers on their letterbox informing us to return the items back to the office if they are not in. I guess time's change but what is the point of spending half a million quid on a new callers office?? What is the point of having red P739 cards?? lol
He reckoned I could have tried at least 50 houses down the street just to get rid of those tracked items. I mean, seriously??
Anyway, im on a big round next week, so should be no problem bringing loads of tracks back at the alloted time........
Ive slipped 2 tracked items this morning and brought them back to the office. On both occasions i tried both next door neighbours and they were not in, so i just slipped them.
I did of course manage to deliver over a dozen or so other tracks, so i didn't think it would be a problem.
But no, he wasn't happy. Probably cause we got back to the office 20 mins early as well (i told the guy i was working with to let me eat me lunch in the van before setting off back).
Gosh, it won't be long before they try and make staff deliver all the parcels/recorded etc that they have got before coming back to the office. I have to say I really don't like all this deliver to neighbour lark. We were quite unique in the fact that we could never do so in the past. And even, now a lot of customers have stickers on their letterbox informing us to return the items back to the office if they are not in. I guess time's change but what is the point of spending half a million quid on a new callers office?? What is the point of having red P739 cards?? lol
He reckoned I could have tried at least 50 houses down the street just to get rid of those tracked items. I mean, seriously??
Anyway, im on a big round next week, so should be no problem bringing loads of tracks back at the alloted time........
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
The only thing I would say is that as you finished 20 minutes early ... then you had time to try the 739 packets again?postslippete wrote:Oh dear, im in the lino's bad books!!
Ive slipped 2 tracked items this morning and brought them back to the office. On both occasions i tried both next door neighbours and they were not in, so i just slipped them.
I did of course manage to deliver over a dozen or so other tracks, so i didn't think it would be a problem.
But no, he wasn't happy. Probably cause we got back to the office 20 mins early as well (i told the guy i was working with to let me eat me lunch in the van before setting off back).
Gosh, it won't be long before they try and make staff deliver all the parcels/recorded etc that they have got before coming back to the office. I have to say I really don't like all this deliver to neighbour lark. We were quite unique in the fact that we could never do so in the past. And even, now a lot of customers have stickers on their letterbox informing us to return the items back to the office if they are not in. I guess time's change but what is the point of spending half a million quid on a new callers office?? What is the point of having red P739 cards?? lol
He reckoned I could have tried at least 50 houses down the street just to get rid of those tracked items. I mean, seriously??
Anyway, im on a big round next week, so should be no problem bringing loads of tracks back at the alloted time........
Mind you ; I could be wrong?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Hitcher wrote:Not in - card it. I don't have time to knock until I get rid of it.
do your job properly and you will have time. if you have too much work to do and cant complete it in your time then follow the correct procedures and cut off or claim OT, by doing the job properly you will ensure hours stay in your office
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
.
Well they were on the last loop, so the chances are they were out. Hence the theory of knocking on at least 50 doors down the street just to get rid
Im not daft, i don't miss a trick in our office. I know the gaffers like posties to finish on time, preferably not claiming any docket and certainly not finishing early before their time.
I don't entirely buy the idea of needing to deliver the tracked items first time to show that our office is best performing at all. Although, it won't do the DOMs job any harm. Its really just a means to stop a lot of posties coming back to the office too early.
The only thing I would say is that as you finished 20 minutes early ... then you had time to try the 739 packets again?
Mind you ; I could be wrong?
Well they were on the last loop, so the chances are they were out. Hence the theory of knocking on at least 50 doors down the street just to get rid
Im not daft, i don't miss a trick in our office. I know the gaffers like posties to finish on time, preferably not claiming any docket and certainly not finishing early before their time.
I don't entirely buy the idea of needing to deliver the tracked items first time to show that our office is best performing at all. Although, it won't do the DOMs job any harm. Its really just a means to stop a lot of posties coming back to the office too early.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
Not only that but targets need to be met for bonus's to be paid and we don't get f**k all but grief bully us all so they get their slice of cake for doing f**k all apart from bulling us all nice.postslippete wrote:.
The only thing I would say is that as you finished 20 minutes early ... then you had time to try the 739 packets again?
Mind you ; I could be wrong?
Well they were on the last loop, so the chances are they were out. Hence the theory of knocking on at least 50 doors down the street just to get rid
Im not daft, i don't miss a trick in our office. I know the gaffers like posties to finish on time, preferably not claiming any docket and certainly not finishing early before their time.
I don't entirely buy the idea of needing to deliver the tracked items first time to show that our office is best performing at all. Although, it won't do the DOMs job any harm. Its really just a means to stop a lot of posties coming back to the office too early.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
to be honest, its a fair enough request if youre coming back early. If you come back on time then he cant argue if you bring 20 of them back 739`d !
I also dont think that they could tell you to make sure the tracked are delivered to a neighbour instead of carding them if that means you would cut off, would be a breach of USO id imagine.
I also dont think that they could tell you to make sure the tracked are delivered to a neighbour instead of carding them if that means you would cut off, would be a breach of USO id imagine.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering Tracked items 1st time
I do the job properly thanks; and as we're lapsed up to the eyeballs I can't do both or either for that matter.zx135 wrote:Hitcher wrote:Not in - card it. I don't have time to knock until I get rid of it.
do your job properly and you will have time. if you have too much work to do and cant complete it in your time then follow the correct procedures and cut off or claim OT, by doing the job properly you will ensure hours stay in your office