ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PNL Partners
-
manboss
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
- Gender: Male
PNL Partners
I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!
How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes

-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
Are you related to the DOM? we have a lad like that 2 years on his own walk in a South Manchester office finishes 2 hours before everyone else paid 40 hrs works 30...comeracing wrote:so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes![]()
![]()
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
about 1 in 3 dutys in our office are single van roundsKings Norton wrote:Are you related to the DOM? we have a lad like that 2 years on his own walk in a South Manchester office finishes 2 hours before everyone else paid 40 hrs works 30...comeracing wrote:so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes![]()
![]()
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
All the lickers and the rep I would guess has them.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
In our office the one singleton van duty belongs to the guy who causes the management the most grief.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
Unfortunately there's a quite a few of these miserable sod's in every office.manboss wrote:I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!
How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
Now if you really wanted to annoy him you could make an extra effort to Deliver to Neighbour tomorrow.
-
manboss
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
Yes, unfortunately for him, there will be no urgency from me now for the next week and half, I guess my whistling on the way back to the office didn't help his mood swingNewbie001 wrote:Unfortunately there's a quite a few of these miserable sod's in every office.
Now if you really wanted to annoy him you could make an extra effort to Deliver to Neighbour tomorrow.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PNL Partners
Not every office is the same you know - guessing about other offices and comparing them to your own is a pointless exercise that will only raise your, and the OPs blood pressure.Kings Norton wrote:All the lickers and the rep I would guess has them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
some people are dicks, wouldnt worry about it, certainly wouldnt start rushing to keep him happy.manboss wrote:I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!
How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: PNL Partners
When I first started to use the LWT I was a reserve being bumped all over the shop,some of my colleagues faces when they realised they were lumbered with me for the day was highly amusing.
One actually flung his hands in the air in a Scooby Doo style,he was so alarmed!
I actually thought he was taking the piss at first (he wasn't).
One actually flung his hands in the air in a Scooby Doo style,he was so alarmed!
I actually thought he was taking the piss at first (he wasn't).
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
that annoys me just reading it ! so disrespectful, he wouldnt enjoy his time working with me if he gave me that attitude !Cedar_Room wrote:When I first started to use the LWT I was a reserve being bumped all over the shop,some of my colleagues faces when they realised they were lumbered with me for the day was highly amusing.
One actually flung his hands in the air in a Scooby Doo style,he was so alarmed! :left:
I actually thought he was taking the piss at first (he wasn't).
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: PNL Partners
Park & Loop is the worst

-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
-
Vespacol
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Kettering
Re: PNL Partners
+2Ralph Wiggum wrote:Park & Loop is the worst![]()
![]()
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !