ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PNL Partners

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
manboss
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
Gender: Male

PNL Partners

Post by manboss »

I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!

How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by comeracing »

so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Kings Norton »

comeracing wrote:so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Are you related to the DOM? we have a lad like that 2 years on his own walk in a South Manchester office finishes 2 hours before everyone else paid 40 hrs works 30...
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by comeracing »

Kings Norton wrote:
comeracing wrote:so glad ive a single van round, though I do argue with myself or the radio sometimes :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Are you related to the DOM? we have a lad like that 2 years on his own walk in a South Manchester office finishes 2 hours before everyone else paid 40 hrs works 30...
about 1 in 3 dutys in our office are single van rounds :wink: :wink: :wink:
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Kings Norton »

All the lickers and the rep I would guess has them.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Sidley »

In our office the one singleton van duty belongs to the guy who causes the management the most grief.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Newbie001 »

manboss wrote:I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!

How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
Unfortunately there's a quite a few of these miserable sod's in every office.
Now if you really wanted to annoy him you could make an extra effort to Deliver to Neighbour tomorrow. :wink:
manboss
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by manboss »

Newbie001 wrote:Unfortunately there's a quite a few of these miserable sod's in every office.
Now if you really wanted to annoy him you could make an extra effort to Deliver to Neighbour tomorrow. :wink:
Yes, unfortunately for him, there will be no urgency from me now for the next week and half, I guess my whistling on the way back to the office didn't help his mood swing :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PNL Partners

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Kings Norton wrote:All the lickers and the rep I would guess has them.
Not every office is the same you know - guessing about other offices and comparing them to your own is a pointless exercise that will only raise your, and the OPs blood pressure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Postie45 »

manboss wrote:I've worked loads of different folk in my short career with RM but today I think I met the worst so far for me and some of the posties did warn me. Been working with this guy this week, him being the driver, and he has been fine regarding driving and talking to me. Anyhow, so far this week on a couple of loops on the walk I seem to be waiting for him for 10-20 mins yet today I had a couple of heavy packet loops, on the last loop I was a max 10 mins longer than him, just couldn't be helped, but his reaction was noticeable, got into the van and he was sulking, wouldn't talk and we drove back to the DO and he drove like a nutter, I said "you pissed off or something" and all he could say was "were pushing it for time" and he never spoke again, he really P*ssed me off and I've got the rest of this week and next to work with him, great!

How do other folk deal with folk like this? I know theres another pair in the office that don't get on and never talk to each other in the van.
some people are dicks, wouldnt worry about it, certainly wouldnt start rushing to keep him happy.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Cedar_Room »

When I first started to use the LWT I was a reserve being bumped all over the shop,some of my colleagues faces when they realised they were lumbered with me for the day was highly amusing.

One actually flung his hands in the air in a Scooby Doo style,he was so alarmed! :left:

I actually thought he was taking the piss at first (he wasn't).
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Postie45 »

Cedar_Room wrote:When I first started to use the LWT I was a reserve being bumped all over the shop,some of my colleagues faces when they realised they were lumbered with me for the day was highly amusing.

One actually flung his hands in the air in a Scooby Doo style,he was so alarmed! :left:

I actually thought he was taking the piss at first (he wasn't).
that annoys me just reading it ! so disrespectful, he wouldnt enjoy his time working with me if he gave me that attitude !
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

Park & Loop is the worst :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: PNL Partners

Post by SWIM »

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Park & Loop is the worst :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
+1
'deal of the century' - dingo
Vespacol
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Kettering

Re: PNL Partners

Post by Vespacol »

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Park & Loop is the worst :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
+2 :thumbdown
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !