ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
(Not sure which forum to post this in, mods feel free to move it if it should be somewhere other than Blue Shirts...)
Members have been asking me to find out, pay-wise, what the implications are of relocating from a site that gets Outer London pay, to one that gets National Pay Rate.
I've searched in vain on this site, on myroyalmail.com and also on the CWU site, to find something you'd think would be simple to find. I simply need to know what the current rates of Basic Pay are, for
1. National area
2. Outer London Area
3. Inner London Area
in simple pounds and pence
I have no intention to start any arguments that displaying such figures on the same page will inevitably cause, about higher wages for London staff. Many of my colleagues need to know the likely reduction in their income if they select a non-London Weighting site in their preference exercise, due to imminent closure of their current workplace!
Thanks, anyone who can supply the figures!
Members have been asking me to find out, pay-wise, what the implications are of relocating from a site that gets Outer London pay, to one that gets National Pay Rate.
I've searched in vain on this site, on myroyalmail.com and also on the CWU site, to find something you'd think would be simple to find. I simply need to know what the current rates of Basic Pay are, for
1. National area
2. Outer London Area
3. Inner London Area
in simple pounds and pence
I have no intention to start any arguments that displaying such figures on the same page will inevitably cause, about higher wages for London staff. Many of my colleagues need to know the likely reduction in their income if they select a non-London Weighting site in their preference exercise, due to imminent closure of their current workplace!
Thanks, anyone who can supply the figures!
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
I don't know what inner or outer London get but my wages are:
Basic Pay = £394.76
Delivery Supplement = £14.06
Delivery Supplement = £8.88
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
Basic Pay = £394.76
Delivery Supplement = £14.06
Delivery Supplement = £8.88
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Well it's a lot less than LunnunJefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but my wages are:
Basic Pay = £394.76
Delivery Supplement = £14.06
Delivery Supplement = £8.88
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
But not enough to buy a house like you lot outside London.dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's a lot less than Lunnun
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Well I have to concede that point baldrick. I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer and the rent when done quoted at 1200 quid a month. I do have a solution though, pull it all down and build prefabs, cheap build = cheap rent, put tents up in all those posh parks, you could call it glamping because it is Lunnun after all.baldrick wrote:But not enough to buy a house like you lot outside London.dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's a lot less than Lunnun
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area.dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't havebaldrick wrote:You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area.dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Yeah but why take money from another posties pocket ? The company would love that.tansorboy wrote:This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
I don't get the £6 by the way.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Sorry, the allowance is only payable for driving in a forward directiontansorboy wrote:This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
The cheapest area around London is Barking and Dagenham, at the end of the tube line, but even there ex-local authority houses start at £200k.dvbuk55 wrote:Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't havebaldrick wrote:You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area.dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Well after tomorrow baldrick you'll be able to emigrate to Scotland - plenty of space and cheap housingbaldrick wrote:The cheapest area around London is Barking and Dagenham, at the end of the tube line, but even there ex-local authority houses start at £200k.dvbuk55 wrote:Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't havebaldrick wrote:You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area.dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
-
derricksmyth
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Depending which area you are working in , there may be a local area allowance to be applied . Reclocated from outer London to luton and lost my Outer London area allowance, but receive a local allowance instead. Not as much as London area though.wandle wrote:(Not sure which forum to post this in, mods feel free to move it if it should be somewhere other than Blue Shirts...)
Members have been asking me to find out, pay-wise, what the implications are of relocating from a site that gets Outer London pay, to one that gets National Pay Rate.
I've searched in vain on this site, on myroyalmail.com and also on the CWU site, to find something you'd think would be simple to find. I simply need to know what the current rates of Basic Pay are, for
1. National area
2. Outer London Area
3. Inner London Area
in simple pounds and pence
I have no intention to start any arguments that displaying such figures on the same page will inevitably cause, about higher wages for London staff. Many of my colleagues need to know the likely reduction in their income if they select a non-London Weighting site in their preference exercise, due to imminent closure of their current workplace!
Thanks, anyone who can supply the figures!
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
Basic National £ 394.76
Outer London £. 468. 20
Inner London £ 495.18
There are also 3 bands of RRIS payments paid to areas which were considered differcult to retain staff and difficult to recruit in the late 1980s these payments do not increase with pay rounds.
Outer London £. 468. 20
Inner London £ 495.18
There are also 3 bands of RRIS payments paid to areas which were considered differcult to retain staff and difficult to recruit in the late 1980s these payments do not increase with pay rounds.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES
~£20500 vs ~£25700 excluding bonuses before tax.
I see now why BSI levels are set so high, every depot outside London is effectively subsidizing the wages of the capital!
I see now why BSI levels are set so high, every depot outside London is effectively subsidizing the wages of the capital!