You may have noticed the increase in international items (especially from China) with tiny or hard to find international barcodes. I've heard in the past we receive 21 pence for each scan but a definitive value would be useful ?
My concern is that on a wet day... or a wet long day we might take more than 3 minutes to sort ourselves out and P739 the customer. I don't know how the economics adds up but feel it's my duty to scan barcodes with two letters at the start and two at the end. As I have shares in the business I am keen to maximise our profits especially as competition is knocking at the door. How much do we receive for each international barcode capture ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
International Items and Revenue
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: International Items and Revenue
Who cares, hard to find or unclear barcodes = through it goes.Decky Boy wrote:You may have noticed the increase in international items (especially from China) with tiny or hard to find international barcodes. I've heard in the past we receive 21 pence for each scan but a definitive value would be useful ?
My concern is that on a wet day... or a wet long day we might take more than 3 minutes to sort ourselves out and P739 the customer. I don't know how the economics adds up but feel it's my duty to scan barcodes with two letters at the start and two at the end. As I have shares in the business I am keen to maximise our profits especially as competition is knocking at the door. How much do we receive for each international barcode capture ?
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: International Items and Revenue
RM doesn't get paid so don't waste your and RMs time if you're worried about the business.Decky Boy wrote:You may have noticed the increase in international items (especially from China) with tiny or hard to find international barcodes. I've heard in the past we receive 21 pence for each scan but a definitive value would be useful ?
My concern is that on a wet day... or a wet long day we might take more than 3 minutes to sort ourselves out and P739 the customer. I don't know how the economics adds up but feel it's my duty to scan barcodes with two letters at the start and two at the end. As I have shares in the business I am keen to maximise our profits especially as competition is knocking at the door. How much do we receive for each international barcode capture ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: International Items and Revenue
Yesterday I had one from China, no numbers and no two letters at the start and end, just a barcode which when scanned, just out of curiosity, and it came up on the PDA with numbers and two letters at the start and end.Decky Boy wrote:You may have noticed the increase in international items (especially from China) with tiny or hard to find international barcodes. I've heard in the past we receive 21 pence for each scan but a definitive value would be useful ?
My concern is that on a wet day... or a wet long day we might take more than 3 minutes to sort ourselves out and P739 the customer. I don't know how the economics adds up but feel it's my duty to scan barcodes with two letters at the start and two at the end. As I have shares in the business I am keen to maximise our profits especially as competition is knocking at the door. How much do we receive for each international barcode capture ?
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: International Items and Revenue
Any managers on here or better still the revenue protection squad ? ? ? Is it worth capturing International Barcodes and what's it worth to us. If it's worth now't then it's not really worth doing.. is it ?
Even at 10pence a go and five per day per postie it all adds up.
Even at 10pence a go and five per day per postie it all adds up.