ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by wandle »

(Not sure which forum to post this in, mods feel free to move it if it should be somewhere other than Blue Shirts...)

Members have been asking me to find out, pay-wise, what the implications are of relocating from a site that gets Outer London pay, to one that gets National Pay Rate.

I've searched in vain on this site, on myroyalmail.com and also on the CWU site, to find something you'd think would be simple to find. I simply need to know what the current rates of Basic Pay are, for

1. National area
2. Outer London Area
3. Inner London Area

in simple pounds and pence

I have no intention to start any arguments that displaying such figures on the same page will inevitably cause, about higher wages for London staff. Many of my colleagues need to know the likely reduction in their income if they select a non-London Weighting site in their preference exercise, due to imminent closure of their current workplace!

Thanks, anyone who can supply the figures!
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

I don't know what inner or outer London get but my wages are:

Basic Pay = £394.76
Delivery Supplement = £14.06
Delivery Supplement = £8.88
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but my wages are:

Basic Pay = £394.76
Delivery Supplement = £14.06
Delivery Supplement = £8.88
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
Well it's a lot less than Lunnun :cuppa
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by baldrick »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's a lot less than Lunnun :cuppa
But not enough to buy a house like you lot outside London. :sad:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well it's a lot less than Lunnun :cuppa
But not enough to buy a house like you lot outside London. :sad:
Well I have to concede that point baldrick. I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer and the rent when done quoted at 1200 quid a month. I do have a solution though, pull it all down and build prefabs, cheap build = cheap rent, put tents up in all those posh parks, you could call it glamping because it is Lunnun after all.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by baldrick »

dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area. :evil/mad
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area. :evil/mad
Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't have :cuppa
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by tansorboy »

Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by krussel »

tansorboy wrote:
Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?
Yeah but why take money from another posties pocket ? The company would love that. :hmmmm

I don't get the £6 by the way.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by wandle »

tansorboy wrote:
Jefferson Starfish wrote:I don't know what inner or outer London get but
Reserved Rights Driving = £6.00
This should have been removed years ago. As a shareholder, I propose it is taken away from those who get it. We all drive, don't we? Otherwise, can I claim reversed driving rights, backdated to my first day?
Sorry, the allowance is only payable for driving in a forward direction :whistle
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by baldrick »

dvbuk55 wrote:
baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area. :evil/mad
Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't have :cuppa
The cheapest area around London is Barking and Dagenham, at the end of the tube line, but even there ex-local authority houses start at £200k.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by dvbuk55 »

baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: I watch some of the houses/flats go for a couple of hundred grand on Homes under the Hammer
You'd be lucky to get a house or even a flat for a couple of hundred grand in London, unless it's a dump in a rough area. :evil/mad
Anything north or south of the Lancashire border is a rough area baldrick. Now now baldrick I've seen houses in Lunnun for less than 200k, I mean maybe not central but within a bus or tube ride - something we don't have :cuppa
The cheapest area around London is Barking and Dagenham, at the end of the tube line, but even there ex-local authority houses start at £200k.
Well after tomorrow baldrick you'll be able to emigrate to Scotland - plenty of space and cheap housing :chuckle :chuckle
derricksmyth
Posts: 353
Joined: 13 Sep 2012, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by derricksmyth »

wandle wrote:(Not sure which forum to post this in, mods feel free to move it if it should be somewhere other than Blue Shirts...)

Members have been asking me to find out, pay-wise, what the implications are of relocating from a site that gets Outer London pay, to one that gets National Pay Rate.

I've searched in vain on this site, on myroyalmail.com and also on the CWU site, to find something you'd think would be simple to find. I simply need to know what the current rates of Basic Pay are, for

1. National area
2. Outer London Area
3. Inner London Area

in simple pounds and pence

I have no intention to start any arguments that displaying such figures on the same page will inevitably cause, about higher wages for London staff. Many of my colleagues need to know the likely reduction in their income if they select a non-London Weighting site in their preference exercise, due to imminent closure of their current workplace!

Thanks, anyone who can supply the figures!
Depending which area you are working in , there may be a local area allowance to be applied . Reclocated from outer London to luton and lost my Outer London area allowance, but receive a local allowance instead. Not as much as London area though.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by Martin Walsh »

Basic National £ 394.76
Outer London £. 468. 20
Inner London £ 495.18

There are also 3 bands of RRIS payments paid to areas which were considered differcult to retain staff and difficult to recruit in the late 1980s these payments do not increase with pay rounds.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: NATIONAL, OUTER LONDON & INNER LONDON PAY RATES

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

~£20500 vs ~£25700 excluding bonuses before tax.

I see now why BSI levels are set so high, every depot outside London is effectively subsidizing the wages of the capital!