Today was my day off and I was up a ladder at a friends when I watched a postman delivering I couldn't believe my eyes he was actually running between letter boxes going over Gardens what is the point???
Does he want more work?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strange sight
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: strange sight
Unfortunately that seems to be the future all the newbies do it to impress bossesterry2972 wrote:Today was my day off and I was up a ladder at a friends when I watched a postman delivering I couldn't believe my eyes he was actually running between letter boxes going over Gardens what is the point???
Does he want more work?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: strange sight
Seen my oppo do it on Saturday
Resulted in
"Haw_whit ye daen?"
And fkn loonie
Poor soul was panicking,must've annoyed him when I had the bigger loop,more packets,but walked a decent pace and was sitting on the back bumper watching him run.
Amazed doesn't cover it
Resulted in
"Haw_whit ye daen?"
And fkn loonie
Poor soul was panicking,must've annoyed him when I had the bigger loop,more packets,but walked a decent pace and was sitting on the back bumper watching him run.
Amazed doesn't cover it
I won
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: strange sight
I have only been in 6 months myself and I won't run to old lol just do a fair days work
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: strange sight
More haste, less speed. 
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: strange sight
Plenty of long timers do it at our place, so why knock "all the newbies"?Richard007 wrote:
Unfortunately that seems to be the future all the newbies do it to impress bosses
One of the worst is someone with 20 plus years service, managers love him as he'll always take cut offs.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
lilymccafferty
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 15:30
- Gender: Male
Re: strange sight
Live and let live are they doing you any harm
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: strange sight
In the long term yes as I Will never be able to run therefore when the job cuts start I won't be able to compete against the runners just hope quality and doing the job right will help?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: strange sight
Totally agree
Also would I really want to go through the palaver of helping someone who has just broken an ankle as they didn't look where they were going?
Also would I really want to go through the palaver of helping someone who has just broken an ankle as they didn't look where they were going?
I won
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: strange sight
lilymccafferty wrote:Live and let live are they doing you any harm
wish that were true.
Pre SDD - SDD PM07 - BT2010 - Delivery Methods (pictorial representation of duty size)

Doing more in work timefor RM seems to prove only that you can do even more
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: strange sight
Pass the kyTrueBlueTerrier wrote:lilymccafferty wrote:Live and let live are they doing you any harm
wish that were true.
Pre SDD - SDD PM07 - BT2010 - Delivery Methods (pictorial representation of duty size)
Doing more in work timefor RM seems to prove only that you can do even more
I won