ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

being bullied to go back on delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
shoelessjoe
Posts: 22
Joined: 29 May 2014, 08:13
Gender: Male

being bullied to go back on delivery

Post by shoelessjoe »

i recently came across a case where a posti who had broken his leg and put on rehab duties was twice confronted by not one but two managers,saying they were going to put him back on delivery doing a row for starters,these managers one doing all the talking other one probably didnt know the procedure and looked like a whipped puppy,the postie concerned was pointed in the way of our union rep who told him the procedure,then passed it onto the manager who should have known anyway,these so called managers will try it on they gamble on the staff not knowing their rights.dont be bullied or cajoled these so called managers do not the details they are just guesstimating,it shows how much they know it takes two,do not get involved ask to hold the conversation till you have a witness you can trust not a gaffers lacky.
Postal Postie II
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 92
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: being bullied to go back on delivery

Post by Postal Postie II »

On a slight tangent to this. I have been suffering a long term pain due to an accident one morning on my way to work overtime.

To cut a long story short I had 2 incident that have set me back on the recovery timetable. 1st whilst on deliveries trying to evade a large dog. This forced me to move much quicker than I thought I was capable of. The 2nd was whilst on collections having to slam the brakes on because of an unbelievably silly motorist. So for 2 weeks I was on light indoor duties as per sick note. Toward the end of this period I ended up doing a few loops which did me no good at all. So last week I was off completely as per sick note.

Saw my doctor who gave me another sick note telling RM I'm back on light indoor duties. I hand this note in expecting to work on light duties again only to be told I cannot go back into work until I'm recovered enough to do my duty.

Needless to say well done RM for increasing my stress level thereby making my pain worse!!!

I've been in constant pain for nearly 2 years now and I ask myself is it really worth it???
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: being bullied to go back on delivery

Post by dvbuk55 »

Postal Postie II wrote:On a slight tangent to this. I have been suffering a long term pain due to an accident one morning on my way to work overtime.

To cut a long story short I had 2 incident that have set me back on the recovery timetable. 1st whilst on deliveries trying to evade a large dog. This forced me to move much quicker than I thought I was capable of. The 2nd was whilst on collections having to slam the brakes on because of an unbelievably silly motorist. So for 2 weeks I was on light indoor duties as per sick note. Toward the end of this period I ended up doing a few loops which did me no good at all. So last week I was off completely as per sick note.

Saw my doctor who gave me another sick note telling RM I'm back on light indoor duties. I hand this note in expecting to work on light duties again only to be told I cannot go back into work until I'm recovered enough to do my duty.

Needless to say well done RM for increasing my stress level thereby making my pain worse!!!

I've been in constant pain for nearly 2 years now and I ask myself is it really worth it???
Well an accident on your way to work isn't work related. I'm surprised you haven't been seen or contacted by ATOS, because your Dr wouldn't know what is or isn't classed as "light" duties within RM would he?
coxybaby
Posts: 22
Joined: 17 Dec 2013, 15:57
Gender: Female

Re: being bullied to go back on delivery

Post by coxybaby »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Postal Postie II wrote:On a slight tangent to this. I have been suffering a long term pain due to an accident one morning on my way to work overtime.

To cut a long story short I had 2 incident that have set me back on the recovery timetable. 1st whilst on deliveries trying to evade a large dog. This forced me to move much quicker than I thought I was capable of. The 2nd was whilst on collections having to slam the brakes on because of an unbelievably silly motorist. So for 2 weeks I was on light indoor duties as per sick note. Toward the end of this period I ended up doing a few loops which did me no good at all. So last week I was off completely as per sick note.

Saw my doctor who gave me another sick note telling RM I'm back on light indoor duties. I hand this note in expecting to work on light duties again only to be told I cannot go back into work until I'm recovered enough to do my duty.

Needless to say well done RM for increasing my stress level thereby making my pain worse!!!

I've been in constant pain for nearly 2 years now and I ask myself is it really worth it???
Well an accident on your way to work isn't work related. I'm surprised you haven't been seen or contacted by ATOS, because your Dr wouldn't know what is or isn't classed as "light" duties within RM would he?
Accident on the way to work?? The post mentioned slamming brakes on whilst on a collection and I saw a doctor about pain in my back a while ago, he asked me what I did for a living, I explained to him about light duties being an option to which he agreed and it was included in my sick note. My line manager accepted the note and I was on indoor duties for 2 weeks. I was referred to ATOS too who said they would sort out physio for me... Never heard anything more about it!! Luckily my back got better!