ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Married but can I use maiden name at work
-
bright_Lights19
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 16:15
- Gender: Female
Married but can I use maiden name at work
Hey guys and girls, I've just returned from maternity leave and I got married, can I still use my maiden name at work? I'm pretty sure that's ok, it's too much hassle to change it all and I only work 2 days a week, cheers, Stacey
-
Gwynedd
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:10
- Gender: Female
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
There is no requirement to take on your partners name at all. It's just traditional.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
I think you can call yourself anything you like as long as its not for fraudulent reasons.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
Have you married someone with a silly surname????
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
Perhaps Jack London
Then she'd be The Bright Lights of London

Then she'd be The Bright Lights of London
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
She may have a first name Amber and be married to a guy called Richard Dick. 
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Married but can I use maiden name at work
I might be a little thick here, but I can't work that one out.k979aaa wrote:She may have a first name Amber and be married to a guy called Richard Dick.