ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Arrangements 2014

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by pinstripe »

Does anyone know if our kind employers are make a request to OFCOM that Saturday 27th December be a non service day?

Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
framusjsx
Posts: 88
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by framusjsx »

Officially I don't think anything has been mentioned but I believe there are talks about it and whether it will be a service day or non-service day, there was a thread the other day, talks are going on but lets face it, there not going to give us the day off are they, if every other person in the world is off you can grantee the posties will be working!
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by OnAFlyer »

Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by tansorboy »

OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
Great idea. I will email Moya and suggest it as a morale-booster.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Martin Walsh »

Royal Mail have informed the CWU they will not be applying to Of Com for the 27th December to be a non service day.

However they have confirmed that in 2015 when Boxing Day falls on the Saturday and the bank holiday is the Monday that they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Spedley »

OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
That is a good idea although can't really be done, however I'd happily put my name in a hat and 50% of us would have the day off and the other do a double shift. If there was some way of sacrificing the day's pay and another person booking it there would be many takers in our office.
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by celerycelery »

Take it as a days leave from everybody. Pretty sure 99% of us would happily do this.
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by A2B »

Spedley wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:Just change everyone's day off to the Saturday and give us a nice weekend.
That is a good idea although can't really be done, however I'd happily put my name in a hat and 50% of us would have the day off and the other do a double shift. If there was some way of sacrificing the day's pay and another person booking it there would be many takers in our office.
There's thousands of workers who work different shift patterns which would prevent this happening
Jono
Posts: 35
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 14:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Jono »

Never seen the point in taking the time off between Xmas and New Year - they're the easiest couple of days I have. Would rather use the leave for the days following New Year when the lino's start rolling out the bulk delivery crap again!
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Sidley »

Well personally I'd welcome a few days off in a row over Xmas so I could visit relations/take the missus away.
dingo wrote:they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
The consequence being....?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sidley wrote:Well personally I'd welcome a few days off in a row over Xmas so I could visit relations/take the missus away.
dingo wrote:they will approach of com for the 26th to be a non service day.
The consequence being....?
We don't work
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Sidley »

Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sidley wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dense, I'm off with the lurgy so I'm not at my sharpest, but wouldnt we be off anyways seeing as it's Boxing Day?
No because Saturdays are not classed as Bank Holidays so when they are due on a Saturday they move the official day to a Monday. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as confirmation
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Sidley »

Image
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Christmas Arrangements 2014

Post by Lounge Lizard »

pinstripe wrote:Does anyone know if our kind employers are make a request to OFCOM that Saturday 27th December be a non service day?

Or will we have a nice, easy, DOM free Saturday?
September is far far too early for management to be thinking about December but it'll be just like Christmas 2008, Thursday 25th off :nana , Friday 26th off :nana , Saturday 27th working :sad: and Sunday 28th off :cuppa .
And fifty First Class stamps for working hard all year :Very Happy .