ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
SAYE- no brainer?
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
SAYE- no brainer?
if you save the full amount of £25 a week over 3 years which is £3900, the current share price is 4.26 and they are discounting this to 3.60 for employees then already you stand to make over £700 over the 3 years am I correct in thinking this is a no brainer?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
however, if you do save the maximum available to you and the shares fall to 3.50 when the scheme ends you will only get your money back that you put in with zero profit ( and zero interest accrued from your bank account etc )
so you will not LOSE money but it is not a guarenteed way of MAKING money.
so you will not LOSE money but it is not a guarenteed way of MAKING money.
-
tashman68
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
i think weekly paid employees pay 4 144 wks which equates 2 £3600 the same figure monthly paid employees will pay in but yes its a no lose scenario money back after 3 yrs or buy shares if they are above £3.60
-
Jamesethefirst
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
if they are above £3.60[/quote]
I have posted elsewhere on this subject,however I will say it again ,that is a VERY big if.
I have posted elsewhere on this subject,however I will say it again ,that is a VERY big if.
-
foxyjarvis
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
I believe at some point in the next 3 years RMG shares will go below £3.60, at which point I'll buy.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
It is pretty much a no brainer. You can take your money back out at any time if you think the shares will be worth a lot less than £3.60 in three years, or if savings interest rates shoot up and you want to put it in a saving account instead. Only down side is that in the mean time you will get no interest on your money and as the banks are paying practically nothing that's not going to be a lot that you will be missing out on! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
With SAYE you can only buy after the 3 years are up.foxyjarvis wrote:I believe at some point in the next 3 years RMG shares will go below £3.60, at which point I'll buy.
-
foxyjarvis
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 22:53
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
I will be buying in the market whenever I think RMG shares offer good value, which I believe to be sub £3.60.
-
dazzlin72
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
As i've also mentioned before also, on the same subject, it isn't guaranteed that you'll be offered shares either, if over subscribed, so better option is to pump the extra money into your pension contributions instead.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
Or all club together and get a buy too let mortgage make thousands every year.dazzlin72 wrote:As i've also mentioned before also, on the same subject, it isn't guaranteed that you'll be offered shares either, if over subscribed, so better option is to pump the extra money into your pension contributions instead.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
what about the interest on your buy to let mortgage and income tax etc and costs fixing things in the house no thanksk979aaa wrote:Or all club together and get a buy too let mortgage make thousands every year.dazzlin72 wrote:As i've also mentioned before also, on the same subject, it isn't guaranteed that you'll be offered shares either, if over subscribed, so better option is to pump the extra money into your pension contributions instead.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
does anyone know the fee equitin will charge to sell the shares ?frankieboy wrote:if you save the full amount of £25 a week over 3 years which is £3900, the current share price is 4.26 and they are discounting this to 3.60 for employees then already you stand to make over £700 over the 3 years am I correct in thinking this is a no brainer?
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
I believe it to be between £6 and £11. That's what most companies charge.bringon4dayweeks wrote:does anyone know the fee equitin will charge to sell the shares ?frankieboy wrote:if you save the full amount of £25 a week over 3 years which is £3900, the current share price is 4.26 and they are discounting this to 3.60 for employees then already you stand to make over £700 over the 3 years am I correct in thinking this is a no brainer?
My brother-in-law is a financial advisor and he certainly agrees that this scheme is a no brainer.
-
TheLord
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 25 Feb 2008, 20:12
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
It's a short term savings scheme with a potential to make a nice profit, not sure why people keep comparing it to pensions. There are plenty of other opporunites for long term investment. The vast majority of people will be looking to offload the shares straight away to make a quick profit.dazzlin72 wrote:As i've also mentioned before also, on the same subject, it isn't guaranteed that you'll be offered shares either, if over subscribed, so better option is to pump the extra money into your pension contributions instead.
I'm saving for a nice holiday, if I can make profit then it will be even better.
-
TheLord
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 25 Feb 2008, 20:12
Re: SAYE- no brainer?
So you'll buy at £3.59?foxyjarvis wrote:I believe at some point in the next 3 years RMG shares will go below £3.60, at which point I'll buy.