ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

mileage

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

mileage

Post by terry2972 »

Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: mileage

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
yes 45p but there are stipulations.

We can chat on Tuesday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: mileage

Post by visigoth »

In the first place, your insurance must state you're covered for "Business Use".

In the 2nd place, even if it does the boss(es) might decline on the grounds you (presumably) hadn't produced your docs before undertaking the mileage.

In the 3rd place, what TBT said.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: mileage

Post by terry2972 »

Many thanks I will see you Tuesday
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: mileage

Post by arnold cheshire »

terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys no cover driving to a single place of work ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: mileage

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys no cover driving to a single place of work ?
That's one of the issues I will discuss, luckily we are still covered by the Bond so as long as everything else is okay he will be fine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: mileage

Post by arnold cheshire »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys now cover driving to a single place of work ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: mileage

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys now cover driving to a single place of work ?

That's one of the issues I will discuss, luckily we are still covered by the Bond so as long as everything else is okay he will be fine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.