Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
mileage
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: mileage
yes 45p but there are stipulations.terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
We can chat on Tuesday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: mileage
In the first place, your insurance must state you're covered for "Business Use".
In the 2nd place, even if it does the boss(es) might decline on the grounds you (presumably) hadn't produced your docs before undertaking the mileage.
In the 3rd place, what TBT said.
In the 2nd place, even if it does the boss(es) might decline on the grounds you (presumably) hadn't produced your docs before undertaking the mileage.
In the 3rd place, what TBT said.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: mileage
Many thanks I will see you Tuesday
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: mileage
are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys no cover driving to a single place of work ?terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: mileage
That's one of the issues I will discuss, luckily we are still covered by the Bond so as long as everything else is okay he will be fine.bringon4dayweeks wrote:are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys no cover driving to a single place of work ?terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: mileage
bringon4dayweeks wrote:are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys now cover driving to a single place of work ?terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: mileage
bringon4dayweeks wrote:bringon4dayweeks wrote:are you sure you were fully insured to drive to the other do as most car insurance policys now cover driving to a single place of work ?terry2972 wrote:Today I worked at a different DO which involved a round trip of 23 miles can I claim mileage and how much is it?
Many thanks
That's one of the issues I will discuss, luckily we are still covered by the Bond so as long as everything else is okay he will be fine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.