I got moved onto a new hybrid duty and I wondered how they worked in other offices. I start at 10am, sort like my life depended on it then get out at about 11am (hct round) and get back at about 3pm. I then got to get a van do my lapsing which is about 2 miles from my delivery and often take out my large packets that wouldn't go in my hct. By the time this happens it leaves me with enough time to get my keys, bags etc etc and drive to my first box for 4pm do my collection, last box being at 6pm yet my duty ends at 6pm.
Is that standard practice ? When are you supposed to take a break ?
Also on a Saturday what happens ? I pick up a extra roads and do 7am to 2pm originally tried telling me it was 7am to 3pm equaling 8 hours but I had to tell them I do 10 till 6 that is 8 hours a day so need to do 1 hour less to get my 39.
I work a day off in the week rotating but the week my day off falls on a Saturday I do 40 hours as its Monday to Friday. Do others have this problem ?
Thanks Joe.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hybrid Duty
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Hybrid Duty
it looks like you should demand a break and not do lapsingjoe110 wrote:I got moved onto a new hybrid duty and I wondered how they worked in other offices. I start at 10am, sort like my life depended on it then get out at about 11am (hct round) and get back at about 3pm. I then got to get a van do my lapsing which is about 2 miles from my delivery and often take out my large packets that wouldn't go in my hct. By the time this happens it leaves me with enough time to get my keys, bags etc etc and drive to my first box for 4pm do my collection, last box being at 6pm yet my duty ends at 6pm.
Is that standard practice ? When are you supposed to take a break ?
Also on a Saturday what happens ? I pick up a extra roads and do 7am to 2pm originally tried telling me it was 7am to 3pm equaling 8 hours but I had to tell them I do 10 till 6 that is 8 hours a day so need to do 1 hour less to get my 39.
I work a day off in the week rotating but the week my day off falls on a Saturday I do 40 hours as its Monday to Friday. Do others have this problem ?
Thanks Joe.
-
doob
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
My hybrid duty is a 4 day week. I get in around 730 and finish depending on collection between 1750 and 1830. My Saturday is a shorter day spanning 6 hours 50 mins to make the weeks add up to 39 on the rota. I do have my break normally between my delivery and collection time of 50 minutes. I quite like the hybrid duty as the extra day off is always nice!! Tho with all the collection changes not sure how much longer the hybrids will be around for.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
the week you are working 40 hours you should either get 1 hrs ot or an hour off another day and its your choice xx
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Hybrid Duty
is there only one collection in the office where you work ?
-
philip.p
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 15:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
Hi Joe,looks like you are being taken for a mug.If your duty starts at 10am you should have enough time to prep your delivery then 10 minutes for a van check ,see front of handbook ,this is a legal requirement.When you finish your delivery you are entitled to a 40 minute meal break.If you can not finish your delivery in time to do this you should inform your manager before leaving the office that you will be cutting off.If your last box is at 6pm then it is impossible for you to complete your duty in your work hours so either you need a s.a on the end of your duty or it needs reducing.If you are in the union you should speak to your rep and ask for their help to sort this out.
-
jimmy c
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 01 May 2010, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
joe, when you say you got moved, this wasnt in a repick? has this round been signed off, if you have just been moved onto it, how did the person before manage? if it is a duty that cannot be done go to the dom and explain the situation im sure he will then try and brush you off then get the rep involved....gather as much facts about why it cant be done.
-
PostieSP1
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 00:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
This is wrong our Hybrids have their rounds thrown off(most of the time!) but none use HCT or go back to the office as they're rural's so van at start to finish/back by 1745 and had their M/R!!
Though new times are coming in where they start even later and finish 1830!!
Whats a van check RAC/RM mech does that when it breaks down
Though new times are coming in where they start even later and finish 1830!!
Whats a van check RAC/RM mech does that when it breaks down
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
I used to be on a hybrid until very recently - 1030 am start, most days was s imply a case of doing redirections then bagging up, 15-20 minutes travelling time and starting delivery around 1120 isn and finishing delivery around 2.45 isn, 15 mins travel time back to office for 40 minute break then 15-20 minutes travel out to first collection point (around 4pm) and back to office for 630ish most nights.
-
joe110
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 22:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Hybrid Duty
Thanks for the replies. Before I did this a temporary contract person done it and never complained just took it that if he did he would get the boot.