ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Smoking
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Smoking
just want to rectify a few points that have been made recently on here and in our office.I have had a few complaints regarding smoke breaks during ips.now let me make clear smoking is an addiction and an addiction is classified as an illness.also just as methadone is to a heroin addict coffee is to a smoker so all you moaners bear this in mind when we slope off outside coffee in one hand,cig in the other and count yourselves lucky.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Smoking
Whilst this is technically true, under the equality act an addiction in itself is not covered therefore nor reasonable adjustments are required to be made; however illness caused by the addiction lung cancer, liver damage etc. are covered.
worth noting i'm not anti smoking - until very recently I was a 25 - 30 a day smoker but never skived off the IPS or expected special treatment to accommodate my self inflicted need
worth noting i'm not anti smoking - until very recently I was a 25 - 30 a day smoker but never skived off the IPS or expected special treatment to accommodate my self inflicted need
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Smoking
Aaaaaawwwwww poor you
I'm addicted to my bed
Can I go for a lie down when I feel like it?
I'm addicted to my bed
Can I go for a lie down when I feel like it?
I won
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Smoking
bensonhedge wrote:just want to rectify a few points that have been made recently on here and in our office.I have had a few complaints regarding smoke breaks during ips.now let me make clear smoking is an addiction and an addiction is classified as an illness.also just as methadone is to a heroin addict coffee is to a smoker so all you moaners bear this in mind when we slope off outside coffee in one hand,cig in the other and count yourselves lucky.
This is a piss take?, If you want to kill yourself do it in your own time, Quiting smoking isnt that hard I quit 10 years ago just went cold turkey, yeah first week is hard but after that easy, only problem is I replaced it with more alcohol.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Smoking
We've got a few sex addicts in our DO
When we get called onto the IPS they slope off to the toilets for a wank.
Now I realise it is an illness I will stop calling them w*****s.
When we get called onto the IPS they slope off to the toilets for a wank.
Now I realise it is an illness I will stop calling them w*****s.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Smoking
Is that why some of the catalogues get stuck together?clashcityrocker wrote:We've got a few sex addicts in our DO
When we get called onto the IPS they slope off to the toilets for a wank.
Now I realise it is an illness I will stop calling them w*****s.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Smoking
Recent ex smoker here and not against anyone needing a smoke break from time to time as I still remember the urge. But there isn't a smoker in the land that can't go an hour without a cigarette. Do your share on the IPS then go for your break you selfish tw@t! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: Smoking
Alcoholism is an illness.
So you'll not be complaining when the rest of the office f**k off for a pint, once you've finished your fag?
So you'll not be complaining when the rest of the office f**k off for a pint, once you've finished your fag?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Smoking
you realise that people who are verified for the type of addictions youre talking about, wouldnt be allowed to work at RM ?bensonhedge wrote:just want to rectify a few points that have been made recently on here and in our office.I have had a few complaints regarding smoke breaks during ips.now let me make clear smoking is an addiction and an addiction is classified as an illness.also just as methadone is to a heroin addict coffee is to a smoker so all you moaners bear this in mind when we slope off outside coffee in one hand,cig in the other and count yourselves lucky.