ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

POAL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulwbc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38

POAL

Post by paulwbc »

I started working for RM on 08/AUG/1999. As of 08/AUG/2014 I have been in RM for 15 years. Up until now since the last pay rise my POAL contributation has been £10.61 a week. This is because since I've been in RM I have opted for the 6 weeks annual holiday.

For the last 2 weeks or so, shouldnt my POAL contribution gone down to reflect this? As far as I'm aware i'm entitled to 5 weeks and 1 day holiday so now only have to pay for 4 days annual leave?

My work colleague has been in RM for 1 year longer then me. He also has 6 weeks annual leave every year and yet he only pays £6.53 a week.

Should I be having the same amount deducted as him every week and if so how do I rectify it? manager, or phone hr

What about you guys been with RM between 15 and 20 years. How much POAL do you guys have deducted from pay?

Thanks
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4105
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: POAL

Post by ted_e_bear »

Hi
It will go down commencing the start of the next annual leave year, ie April 2015, I started in august '99 and mine hasn't changed either.
Last edited by ted_e_bear on 02 Sep 2014, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
paulwbc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38

Re: POAL

Post by paulwbc »

So after 15 years service, 5 weeks and 1 day annual leave starts the following april regardless of what month you started in RM.

So if you started with RM in MAY say, you would have to wait for the following april to start using your 5 weeks and 1 day allowance?

I always assumed after 15 years service you get the 5 weeks and 1 day straight away. Not have to wait however many months till april. :mad
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: POAL

Post by dvbuk55 »

paulwbc wrote:So after 15 years service, 5 weeks and 1 day annual leave starts the following april regardless of what month you started in RM.

So if you started with RM in MAY say, you would have to wait for the following april to start using your 5 weeks and 1 day allowance?

I always assumed after 15 years service you get the 5 weeks and 1 day straight away. Not have to wait however many months till april. :mad
Well that's the way the cookie crumbles its been the same for us all :cuppa
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: POAL

Post by midegarelu »

At a guess I would suggest checking last years pay slips against this years (bearing in mind we have had two pay increases).
If it is the same then yes you do have to wait until next year to see a decrease in your payments.
However if you are paying less this year than last then it will been adjusted to take into account your 15 year service.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: POAL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

extract from page 18 of the Way Forward Agreement http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- 4th paragraph is the important one



Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: POAL

Post by dvbuk55 »

Is that not converted to hours now?