Hi I am about to start a new job at HWDC as a mail sorter, this is a transfer from another office
I'll be on 2 nights Saturday night and Monday night
Expected salary £355 pro rats
Does engine know what night shift allowance and any other bonuses I'm eligible for? Nobody answer that question on my interview, even Sheffield don't know !
I just need to know as I already work in London office and my basic salary is higher
Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
HWDC SALARY ?
-
maddam78
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 07:55
- Gender: Female
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
Two nights
for that amount of money
I'm in the wrong job delivering letters & parcels 5 days a week 
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
No;it is not £355 that is the pro-rata rate,guys at our place get about £80 extra I think for working nights so I would guess you would get about £435 divided by 39 times 16 (if your shifts are 8hrs) so about £178 plus any other allowances that I don't know about.
I could be totally wrong though!!
I could be totally wrong though!!
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
Sorry, I don't have your exact answer but some random facts from a sleep-fogged brain....
6 hours of Sunday premium: £30.
16 (or so) hours of night allowance at around £1.80 an hour: £28 to £30
Your overtime rate up to 39 hours (the SSPR or Single Standard Pay Rate) is based on your basic pay and allowances... I'm pretty sure? You add up your basic pay and your allowances, divide by your contracted hours and presto. The SSPR.
If it was a forced transfer under the MTSF, you keep your London allowance. If it was voluntary, you don't. Knock a couple of pounds an hour off what you're making now if you were inner London. About a pound if you were outer London.
HWDC has a monthly efficiency bonus that usually clocks in at £30 to £50 pro-rata for 16ish hours. There's also two forms of local bonus weekly, which are around £10 for a 15 hour, 36 minute duty.
6 hours of Sunday premium: £30.
16 (or so) hours of night allowance at around £1.80 an hour: £28 to £30
Your overtime rate up to 39 hours (the SSPR or Single Standard Pay Rate) is based on your basic pay and allowances... I'm pretty sure? You add up your basic pay and your allowances, divide by your contracted hours and presto. The SSPR.
If it was a forced transfer under the MTSF, you keep your London allowance. If it was voluntary, you don't. Knock a couple of pounds an hour off what you're making now if you were inner London. About a pound if you were outer London.
HWDC has a monthly efficiency bonus that usually clocks in at £30 to £50 pro-rata for 16ish hours. There's also two forms of local bonus weekly, which are around £10 for a 15 hour, 36 minute duty.
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
and also efficiency bonus and local bonus 
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
In my MC,we don't have any bonus at all. 
-
maddam78
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 07:55
- Gender: Female
Re: HWDC SALARY ?
Thank you all for informations 