I thought we was able to book our overtime until I found out the hard way and got shafted
Was partnered up with a guy who had never done the walk before.Naturaly he hadn't a clue how to split and tie up the walk so I ended up doing it and was late out for delivery.I told the acting manager we wouldn't be able to complete in time and he said someone would help us.
Well the help came but he only took 25mins off us and we ended up going over our time by 50 mins.
This morning I asked for an overtime docket but was told i will only be paid overtime if I complete my 39 hour working week.
I asked how that works and was told they check what time I hand my PDA in and balance the books that way!
So today I told them we would be unable to complete again and was told help would be sent whilst on delivery.
One guy came and took 20mins off us which wasn't enough . I then contacted the office and told them we would still not complete and was told to fetch the mail back if we ran out of time...
So we did ,all of ten minutes each!
Got back to office report to a manager that we returned with some mail and they all had gone home!!
So my question is..Is this normal working practice in every office and are managers in my office following the protocol correctly?
Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
Last edited by iHateD2Ds on 29 Aug 2014, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
iHateD2Ds wrote:I thought we was able to book our overtime until I found out the hard way and got shafted
You can, no agreement to bank hours - they are lying. Rep!!!!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
iHateD2Ds wrote:I thought we was able to book our overtime until I found out the hard way and got shafted
Was partnered up with a guy who had never done the walk before.Naturaly he hadn't a clue how to split and tie up the walk so I ended up doing it and was late out for delivery.I told the acting manager we wouldn't be able to complete in time and he said someone would help us.
Well the help came but he only took 25mins off us and we ended up going over our time by 50 mins.
This morning I asked for an overtime docket but was told i will only be paid overtime if I complete my 39 hour working week.
I asked how that works and was told they check what time I hand my PDA in and balance the books that way!
So today I told them we would be unable to complete again and was told help would be sent whilst on delivery.
One guy came and took 20mins off us which wasn't enough . I then contacted the office and told them we would still not complete and was told to fetch the mail back if we ran out of time...
theres an easy reply to your dim , I cant claim o/t until ive worked my 39 hrs , tell him I don't want the o/t so I once ive worked my 39 hrs that's me done keep a check on what time you finish , simple , then watch his face , because you are within your rights to just work your contracted hours.
So we did ,all of ten minutes each!
Got back to office report to a manager that we returned with some mail and they all had gone home!!
So my question is..Is this normal working practice in every office and are managers in my office following the protocol correctly?
Cheers
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
"Got back to office report to a manager that we returned with some mail and they all had gone home!!
So my question is..Is this normal working practice in every office and are managers in my office following the protocol correctly?
Cheers"
This bit is normal working practice in our office. When I brought it up at a WTL meeting the DOM basically said why should any of the managers be there til our finishing time? Proving the following points that WTL meetings are pointless, "do as I say not do as I do" rules and our DOM is a complete NOB!
As for banking your time until overtime is paid? WTF is that I sure that is not in any agreement I ever heard? Get your rep on to it!
So my question is..Is this normal working practice in every office and are managers in my office following the protocol correctly?
Cheers"
This bit is normal working practice in our office. When I brought it up at a WTL meeting the DOM basically said why should any of the managers be there til our finishing time? Proving the following points that WTL meetings are pointless, "do as I say not do as I do" rules and our DOM is a complete NOB!
As for banking your time until overtime is paid? WTF is that I sure that is not in any agreement I ever heard? Get your rep on to it!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Been told I can't book daily overtime ,Unless.......
theres an easy reply to your dim , tell him you don't want paying for the o/t and when ive done my 39 hrs I will have my time back on a Friday if its my long weekend or a saturday , keep a note of the times you are finished , you are quite within your rights to just work your contracted hours.we no this cause we have done it.worktotime wrote:iHateD2Ds wrote:I thought we was able to book our overtime until I found out the hard way and got shafted
Was partnered up with a guy who had never done the walk before.Naturaly he hadn't a clue how to split and tie up the walk so I ended up doing it and was late out for delivery.I told the acting manager we wouldn't be able to complete in time and he said someone would help us.
Well the help came but he only took 25mins off us and we ended up going over our time by 50 mins.
This morning I asked for an overtime docket but was told i will only be paid overtime if I complete my 39 hour working week.
I asked how that works and was told they check what time I hand my PDA in and balance the books that way!
So today I told them we would be unable to complete again and was told help would be sent whilst on delivery.
One guy came and took 20mins off us which wasn't enough . I then contacted the office and told them we would still not complete and was told to fetch the mail back if we ran out of time...
So we did ,all of ten minutes each!
Got back to office report to a manager that we returned with some mail and they all had gone home!!
So my question is..Is this normal working practice in every office and are managers in my office following the protocol correctly?
Cheers