ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
chances of a full time job
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
chances of a full time job
having worked for RM for 10 years in november14 I'm asking others part timers how long on average we have to wait to even be in with a chance of a full time job
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
Youl wait your entire life
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
thought so
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: chances of a full time job
about 7 years ago I applied for full time reserve and got it, then no more full timers hired until last year. Just to give you an rough idea what to expect. It is not good :(
-
Dalelad
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 May 2013, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
This jobs for parents that want to drop kids off at school, do a few hours work and then pick um up after school. I wish RM put that in the job advert when I applied. I'd have thought twice about becoming a postie. Won't be long till im back in full time employment elsewhere. I Know of several others in my DO that are actively seeking new full time jobs too. We are 10 a penny unfortunately and easily replaced.
-
rick184
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 21:10
Re: chances of a full time job
May be more FT opportunities in Mail Centres and RDCs than delivery offices.
-
Lord Hereford
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
F**k all in mail centres, unless you want to work for Wankgard on a zero-hours contract.rick184 wrote:May be more FT opportunities in Mail Centres and RDCs than delivery offices.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
Difference is, the wage you get for part time is still more than you would get for working 40 hours on minimum wage in a factory or some other awful place. Even full time posties get more than managers of said minimum wage employees.
-
dids620
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
took me just under 10 years and that was only because the woman who was more senior didn't want it as the duty required occasional driving.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
it was the other way round for me someone got a full time job ahead of me and a few others because they can drive, but they've got half the length of service
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
10 years and waiting. F'in joke. I do plenty overtime every week and lose out on holiday weeks because of the p/t contract. Always in Royal Mails favour.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: chances of a full time job
see my post http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=65003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;lcook282 wrote:having worked for RM for 10 years in november14 I'm asking others part timers how long on average we have to wait to even be in with a chance of a full time job
your colleagues can also stab you in the back
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: chances of a full time job
can you please explain how you lose out on holiday weeks ?Rumple wrote:10 years and waiting. F'in joke. I do plenty overtime every week and lose out on holiday weeks because of the p/t contract. Always in Royal Mails favour.
-
Dalelad
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 May 2013, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
What they mean is we only get paid our contracted hours for a week off i.e. I only get paid 26 hours, regardless of how many hours O/T I do, while a full timer gets paid 39 hours. I've heard somewhere that legislation may change and companies will have to pay part timers more holiday pay to take into account O/T. I used to work for a company that paid holiday pay based on average daily earnings. I got average over £100 per day so when on hol, thats what I got. Them were the days! Needless to say they eventually made us all redundant and then started using people on a self employed basis.bringon4dayweeks wrote:can you please explain how you lose out on holiday weeks ?Rumple wrote:10 years and waiting. F'in joke. I do plenty overtime every week and lose out on holiday weeks because of the p/t contract. Always in Royal Mails favour.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: chances of a full time job
Because my holiday pay doesn't reflect my actual working week (about 45 hours). When on holiday I get 32 hours. 13 hours difference.bringon4dayweeks wrote:can you please explain how you lose out on holiday weeks ?Rumple wrote:10 years and waiting. F'in joke. I do plenty overtime every week and lose out on holiday weeks because of the p/t contract. Always in Royal Mails favour.