ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ways of dealing with aches and pains

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by spiderj »

Currently I deal with the above via a combination of the following

Diclofenac...for the really bad days

Brufen....for the average bad days and short term inflammation

Codipar/codiene phosphate...when mixed with brufen you can't feel it and don't care

Home medics shiatsu foot massager....bit of a tickly feet issue...but absolute heaven on the feet(as long as the misses can stop laughing at me for the faces I pull)

Scholl handheld massager....yes I'm 6ft and a bit rough looking but the deep kneading and heat setting soothes the calf's and thighs like warm honey being poured over your head by fluffy sheep.


Feel free to add any of your favourite ways of dealing with the joys of the job

Or the number for a trick cyclist
:nana
I won
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by spen »

Fortnight on the sick :Very Happy :dance :nana
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by realitybites »

Dr took me off Diclofenac and put me on Naproxen. Had no pain with the Diclofenac, Naproxen just takes the edge off and makes it bearable. After reading about the different sides I only take meds on working days.
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by Rumple »

12 cans of Export. My feet don't ache but my head throbs in the morning.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by spiderj »

Rumple wrote:12 cans of Export. My feet don't ache but my head throbs in the morning.
Must have a few toilets near your duty for the morning pee run lol
I won
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by Rumple »

:dcfo
Last edited by Rumple on 30 Aug 2014, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by postypie »

Really lucky me.....my Mrs went to a medical college in Asia where she learnt about acupuncture and medicinal massages....so I get pretty well looked after.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by Lincox »

Wouldn,t mind some of that massage potypie, does the Mrs accommodate other posties. :Very Happy
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by DB1100 »

spiderj wrote:Currently I deal with the above via a combination of the following

Diclofenac...for the really bad days

Brufen....for the average bad days and short term inflammation

Codipar/codiene phosphate...when mixed with brufen you can't feel it and don't care

Home medics shiatsu foot massager....bit of a tickly feet issue...but absolute heaven on the feet(as long as the misses can stop laughing at me for the faces I pull)

Scholl handheld massager....yes I'm 6ft and a bit rough looking but the deep kneading and heat setting soothes the calf's and thighs like warm honey being poured over your head by fluffy sheep.


Feel free to add any of your favourite ways of dealing with the joys of the job

Or the number for a trick cyclist
:nana
That can't be good for you mate,taking that lot.
For we were soldiers once,and young
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by postypie »

Lincox wrote:Wouldn,t mind some of that massage potypie, does the Mrs accommodate other posties. :Very Happy

she only has hands for me mate.lol
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by kirstyx »

last christmas my brother bought me vibrating slippers lol they are proper orthodic ones so cost a pretty penny but they are weird
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by spiderj »

DB1100 wrote:
spiderj wrote:Currently I deal with the above via a combination of the following

Diclofenac...for the really bad days

Brufen....for the average bad days and short term inflammation

Codipar/codiene phosphate...when mixed with brufen you can't feel it and don't care

Home medics shiatsu foot massager....bit of a tickly feet issue...but absolute heaven on the feet(as long as the misses can stop laughing at me for the faces I pull)

Scholl handheld massager....yes I'm 6ft and a bit rough looking but the deep kneading and heat setting soothes the calf's and thighs like warm honey being poured over your head by fluffy sheep.


Feel free to add any of your favourite ways of dealing with the joys of the job

Or the number for a trick cyclist
:nana
That can't be good for you mate,taking that lot.
Very few and far between
If taken at the same time I'd be needing a sleep
And they would interact
Hats off to the folk that have been in for a while
You must be near falling apart
I won
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by bigcol »

spiderj wrote:Hats off to the folk that have been in for a while
You must be near falling apart
Surgery. Lots of surgery. :Boo hoo!
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by mickeymacca »

Stretching, release that lactic acid that's built up in the legs. Honestly would recommend to everyone, it makes a massive difference to your legs.
Sadly the old plates still suffer and I reckon a bit of massage is probably the way to go with that.
'Libraries gave us power'
biglad75
Posts: 9
Joined: 30 Jul 2014, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by biglad75 »

Plantar fasciitis is my issue can barely walk by end of the week . Mrs has serious lady problems if you all know what I mean . Her doctor prescribed her the strongest anti inflammatory available and she gave me 2 one day and the difference was amazing . Went on hols recently to spain and she took her prescription with us and got a s**t load as they don't have the same laws on prescription medicine so I'm sorted . The massive tits I've developed are the only side affect as we'll a new fetish for stilettos !