ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

22 hour contract but always work 27+

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dwainpipe
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 16:00
Gender: Male

22 hour contract but always work 27+

Post by dwainpipe »

Guys, I'm trying to find out where i stand here. I have a permenant 22 hour contract and have been at RM for over a year and a half. In our office there are only 27+ hour turns. So my question is how long should i be working before legally they have to start paying me for what i work on average. When i go on holiday i feel like i am being robbed.

Many thanks.

Dave.
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: 22 hour contract but always work 27+

Post by spen »

Had the same problem, was on 20 hours, regularly worked 35 +,the only thing that got my contract changed was the revision,,,used to dread having a week off, more money going out than I had coming in
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: 22 hour contract but always work 27+

Post by spiderj »

Should be two years

But ..welllll.....its RM

I'm keeping it in the back pocket just in case

But it gives me the option of declining overtime when i want
But I'm lucky in that the money isn't the decider.

Try asking your lino...then when you get nowhere try a Shawshank via he

Obv ask your Dom and reps/area rep first

Be persistent and polite
I won
albebb
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 18:16
Gender: Male

Re: 22 hour contract but always work 27+

Post by albebb »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=64210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
travisbickle
Posts: 66
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 15:21
Gender: Male

Re: 22 hour contract but always work 27+

Post by travisbickle »

dwainpipe wrote:Guys, I'm trying to find out where i stand here. I have a permenant 22 hour contract and have been at RM for over a year and a half. In our office there are only 27+ hour turns. So my question is how long should i be working before legally they have to start paying me for what i work on average. When i go on holiday i feel like i am being robbed.

Many thanks.

Dave.
I feel for you mate.started 5 plus years ago 25 hours contract...regularly did 45+, after 4 years and revision got 32, still doing 45+