I've been employed with RM nearly a year and so far I've suffered from Tennis Elbow, Lower Back Strain and Sesamoiditis of the foot. I am constantly knackered!
How do you other women manage?
What are your rounds like? Give me an idea what you do all day. I.E -when do you start, finish, how big is your round, etc?
I've heard more women than men are leaving RM. Any women out there have any idea why????
Do you use a trolley? How many women are there in your delivery office?
I work with a complete idiot who loads the bags too heavy and doesn't tell me so I don't take a trolley. If I do, he complains that it slows me down. He also makes the bundles massive even though I have told him I can't carry such big bundles.
He is so neurotic about finishing on time that as soon as we get out the office we don't sit or stand still until we finish. It's non stop all the way. And I mean non stop!!!! And still we don't finish on time!! The round is too big.
Do you have problems with customers? I've had a few guys say 'Oh! A female postie' when they see me. When I deliver a heavy parcel to some of them they look genuinely shocked! Oh my god dear - how did you manage to carry that up the stairs! I've even had colleagues tell me this job is too physically demanding for a woman and women shouldn't be doing such a job.
I'm just wondering if any other women out there are experiencing similar problems to me