ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Misdelivered a recorded

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PleasedButSticky
Posts: 51
Joined: 04 Feb 2014, 11:25
Gender: Male

Misdelivered a recorded

Post by PleasedButSticky »

Our office troll, (he only ever smiles when someone is in the s**t) told me yesterday, while rubbing his hands with excitement, that I misdelivered a recorded delivery last week and I had a neighbour sign for the packages. So the manager is supposedly shitting biscuits about it, the customer has been a complete arse about it and was in raising hell, seems she wanted blood. I can understand her being annoyed with my cockup but the neighbour passed her Rec in and no harm was done. This is my first complaint in my 7 months at RM. I was on a round I've never done before, it's a high pressure round due to regular specials (7-8 usually) being scattered all over the walk, at the end of the walk I'm usually exhausted.

This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me :crazy: :cool
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by vanman90 »

did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?

and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by gary1975 »

Delivery to a neighbour is a Royal Mail standard now :thumbup I'm sure the 739 got lost somewhere :silenced
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by Bahia Feliz »

PleasedButSticky wrote:Our office troll, (he only ever smiles when someone is in the s**t) told me yesterday, while rubbing his hands with excitement,
that I misdelivered a recorded delivery last week and I had a neighbour sign for the packages.
So the manager is supposedly shitting biscuits about it, the customer has been a complete arse about it and was in raising hell, seems she wanted blood. I can understand her being annoyed with my cockup but the neighbour passed her Rec in and no harm was done. This is my first complaint in my 7 months at RM. I was on a round I've never done before, it's a high pressure round due to regular specials (7-8 usually) being scattered all over the walk, at the end of the walk I'm usually exhausted.

This manager is in covering the regular DOMs leave, so I've no Idea what he is like. What's the worst case scenario for this? I'm hoping for a 6 month suspension on full pay pending investigation outcome and a £1.2 million golden handshake when they fire me :crazy: :cool
Was it more than one item?
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by freelunch »

Well, clearly Royal Mail has failed the customers and recipients.
Expect a high level investigation to ensue in your office.
Questions will be asked of yourself and those responsible for putting you in that position.
It's for your delivery manager to fall on his sword.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by glenfiddich »

just tell them you delivered to neighbour but cant remember whether you left a card or not probably just a storm in a teacup as nothing got lost or stolen
tommytucka
Posts: 34
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by tommytucka »

Why did the neighbour sign if it's not theirs? As above just say you intentionally delivered it there and forgot to put a card informing the customer of this.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by spiderj »

vanman90 wrote:did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?

and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?
Read the above

Then repeat the above

The above is the most likely

iSNT IT?
:thumbup
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by scoobydo79 »

vanman90 wrote:did you deliver it to the neighbour intentionally because there was no answer?

and leave a card the customer perhaps misplaced?

Ahhhhh I see.Im with You now :wink:
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by Tuffers1875 »

A donut at our orifice delivered a whole load of tracked items to the wrong road. I won't mention names H...y :Very Happy
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Misdelivered a recorded

Post by spiderj »

Tuffers1875 wrote:A donut at our orifice delivered a whole load of tracked items to the wrong road. I won't mention names H...y :Very Happy
Lol
Oneo the dwarves?
Happy?
I won