ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
P739s wrote out in offices
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
P739s wrote out in offices
We were told today we are not allowed to write P739 out in the office anymore as most of the staff pre write them and have no intention of knocking twice and delivering the item especially knocking on neighbors with tracked items, If we are caught we told we may be conducted.
Managers say we give quick knocks and wollop the form lefts in. Whatever gave them that idea?
Apparently its going to be nationwide thing in the next few weeks as they are aiming a first time delivery with most items to win Amazon back.
Managers say we give quick knocks and wollop the form lefts in. Whatever gave them that idea?
Apparently its going to be nationwide thing in the next few weeks as they are aiming a first time delivery with most items to win Amazon back.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
I would think not anyway, what a waste of time writing out a form that might not get used.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Shocking behaviour that should be stopped anyway. Didn't know people actually did that. 
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
baffles me where they get the time from
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
I write mine at the door you gotta give them a chance to answer the door but saying that runners in my office have them wrote out already, you only just got to look in their York while they bag up to see all the cards strapped to the packets.....I'm all for this ban customers pay our wages, just to get home a few minutes early....
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Runners cutting corners again!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
its obvious you were never "supposed" to do this, but when people keep doing it, they have to make and enforce yet another rule.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Out of interest how many of you who comment on this are new starters?
I can tell you that there are quite a few posties who do this due to the fact that experience counts and when they get to certain calls they'll know that the person is inevitably not in, as this has no doubt happened to them on numerous occasions, hence the "pre-written" 739 card.
There's nothing wrong with writing one out in the office either. You get to the door, knock and wait and then try the neighbour and then you post it when you get to leave the package with them or get no response.
Also it's easier to do it this way especially when it's persistently pouring down with rain, writing one out in that kind of weather makes you think twice, and I bet you thought "why didn't I write this out before I left the office?" too.
I was never told not to do this, even on my induction course, but I've done this to a couple of people, I've waited until I got no response and then completed the relevant details... ie time and date and where the item is, either next door or returned to the office, as I am still at the door doing this, but just completing the card.
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
I can tell you that there are quite a few posties who do this due to the fact that experience counts and when they get to certain calls they'll know that the person is inevitably not in, as this has no doubt happened to them on numerous occasions, hence the "pre-written" 739 card.
There's nothing wrong with writing one out in the office either. You get to the door, knock and wait and then try the neighbour and then you post it when you get to leave the package with them or get no response.
Also it's easier to do it this way especially when it's persistently pouring down with rain, writing one out in that kind of weather makes you think twice, and I bet you thought "why didn't I write this out before I left the office?" too.
I was never told not to do this, even on my induction course, but I've done this to a couple of people, I've waited until I got no response and then completed the relevant details... ie time and date and where the item is, either next door or returned to the office, as I am still at the door doing this, but just completing the card.
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Shaman Mao
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Writing out 739s before you leave has been a no-no in our office for years. (And it's included in the induction training).
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
nesting households is not allowed under any circumstances, you should not be doing it, its not doing the job properlywabbithunta wrote:Out of interest how many of you who comment on this are new starters?![]()
I can tell you that there are quite a few posties who do this due to the fact that experience counts and when they get to certain calls they'll know that the person is inevitably not in, as this has no doubt happened to them on numerous occasions, hence the "pre-written" 739 card.
There's nothing wrong with writing one out in the office either. You get to the door, knock and wait and then try the neighbour and then you post it when you get to leave the package with them or get no response.
Also it's easier to do it this way especially when it's persistently pouring down with rain, writing one out in that kind of weather makes you think twice, and I bet you thought "why didn't I write this out before I left the office?" too.
I was never told not to do this, even on my induction course, but I've done this to a couple of people, I've waited until I got no response and then completed the relevant details... ie time and date and where the item is, either next door or returned to the office, as I am still at the door doing this, but just completing the card.
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Amazon do their own deliveries in the majority of places, especially in my area and it's called Amazon Logistics. do a search online on this and see how poor they are on their own deliveries. There is rumour that they, Amazon, may use us again by dropping off items to certain DO's for delivery or so it would seem that way. How true that is remains to be seen.Ossie From Preston wrote:We were told today we are not allowed to write P739 out in the office anymore as most of the staff pre write them and have no intention of knocking twice and delivering the item especially knocking on neighbors with tracked items, If we are caught we told we may be conducted.
Managers say we give quick knocks and wollop the form lefts in. Whatever gave them that idea?
Apparently its going to be nationwide thing in the next few weeks as they are aiming a first time delivery with most items to win Amazon back.
Their sole aim is to increase their profit margins and they use "a man in a van" to do their work as it's far cheaper for them to use that method, it cuts out the middle man and that saves them having more overheads maintaining a fleet etc. Sad to say we are, in the main, the middle man and we're suffering.
Their aim is one of a bigger profit margin nothing more, and if that means cutting others out they'll do it.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
Tell that to all the posties who do it, and also management who ignore the posties doing it. I've even see management doing this too and setting mail in ready for delivery as well!zx135 wrote:nesting households is not allowed under any circumstances, you should not be doing it, its not doing the job properlywabbithunta wrote:Out of interest how many of you who comment on this are new starters?![]()
I can tell you that there are quite a few posties who do this due to the fact that experience counts and when they get to certain calls they'll know that the person is inevitably not in, as this has no doubt happened to them on numerous occasions, hence the "pre-written" 739 card.
There's nothing wrong with writing one out in the office either. You get to the door, knock and wait and then try the neighbour and then you post it when you get to leave the package with them or get no response.
Also it's easier to do it this way especially when it's persistently pouring down with rain, writing one out in that kind of weather makes you think twice, and I bet you thought "why didn't I write this out before I left the office?" too.
I was never told not to do this, even on my induction course, but I've done this to a couple of people, I've waited until I got no response and then completed the relevant details... ie time and date and where the item is, either next door or returned to the office, as I am still at the door doing this, but just completing the card.
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
As for doing the job properly, show me a postie who does that from start to finish then.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
I sometimes do this if the weather is bad. I still knock, I still wait, I still try a neighbour but at least I only have to write out the time in the pissing rain if no ones in. Nothing to do with saving time, just more practical way of doing it in bad weather! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: P739s wrote out in offices
wabbithunta wrote:Tell that to all the posties who do it, and also management who ignore the posties doing it. I've even see management doing this too and setting mail in ready for delivery as well!zx135 wrote:nesting households is not allowed under any circumstances, you should not be doing it, its not doing the job properlywabbithunta wrote:Out of interest how many of you who comment on this are new starters?![]()
I can tell you that there are quite a few posties who do this due to the fact that experience counts and when they get to certain calls they'll know that the person is inevitably not in, as this has no doubt happened to them on numerous occasions, hence the "pre-written" 739 card.
There's nothing wrong with writing one out in the office either. You get to the door, knock and wait and then try the neighbour and then you post it when you get to leave the package with them or get no response.
Also it's easier to do it this way especially when it's persistently pouring down with rain, writing one out in that kind of weather makes you think twice, and I bet you thought "why didn't I write this out before I left the office?" too.
I was never told not to do this, even on my induction course, but I've done this to a couple of people, I've waited until I got no response and then completed the relevant details... ie time and date and where the item is, either next door or returned to the office, as I am still at the door doing this, but just completing the card.
What's wrong with that? I bet you don't "nest" your households either, because management say don't do that either.
As for doing the job properly, show me a postie who does that from start to finish then.
and its comments like yours that show exactly why posties are their own worst enemies, please if your office offers any VRs or when they start on compulosry redundancys take it and let the posties who want to do their jobs properly stay