ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
agnieszkampiasecka
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 18:40
Gender: Female

everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by agnieszkampiasecka »

In my office manager decided that every "reserve" - postie (not signed up to certain duty) would have day off on bank holiday Monday. This messes everything up as some of us always have plans for a day off ( like take kids for dental appointment in my case) . Since I started in 2009 I worked on one duty for 2 years, they moved me to another in January this year, I always had rotating day off (Monday one week, tue the next week, wedn next and so on)patern was never broken. I found out today that "I'm reserve as well" so I have to skip my Tuesday day off and have it on Monday , which I think will ruin my plans to get my boys to the dentist ( it was planed ahead in advance). Is that fair and what can I do about it? Help please
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by bigcol »

Get everyone to claim their lost day off as overtime. :dance Watch your manager explode. :dance
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by korky »

there is a post somewhere around may b/h time with options available
think basically they can and will do it but you can demand a day off later that week if possible & if they say no you can demand double pay for a day instead of a holiday credit.

our onion rep said this practice would stop, as 8 extra days were accrued but always refused when booking a week off,
that was easter time and all l/r still get shafted, i did tell most about screwing up the budget by booking a double pay day but after all their whinging they did nothing?
btw, its my rotated day off too, but i have 4 days left to pick so this will make it up for a week off
cobberwebb
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by cobberwebb »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=65112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by beanmuncha »

I agree with above, get the DOM to pay who ever wants as OT.
That's what i'm doing in our office, i told him in the resource meeting and showed him the agreement.
"oh by the way see all those guys whose days you've changed to BH to suit you, they all want paid OT for it!"
Cheltpostie2013
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
Gender: Male

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by Cheltpostie2013 »

I'm a reserve permanent never had a long weekend had one Saturday off in 15 months and Bank hol Monday is always my day off that's life at Royal Mail it seems second class workers compared to full timers.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: everyone in the DO has to have their day off on BHMonday

Post by daveyeff »

agnieszkampiasecka wrote:In my office manager decided that every "reserve" - postie (not signed up to certain duty) would have day off on bank holiday Monday. This messes everything up as some of us always have plans for a day off ( like take kids for dental appointment in my case) . Since I started in 2009 I worked on one duty for 2 years, they moved me to another in January this year, I always had rotating day off (Monday one week, tue the next week, wedn next and so on)patern was never broken. I found out today that "I'm reserve as well" so I have to skip my Tuesday day off and have it on Monday , which I think will ruin my plans to get my boys to the dentist ( it was planed ahead in advance). Is that fair and what can I do about it? Help please
go sick......two can play that game.