ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Putting in my notice (How long?)
-
Tog
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 29 May 2010, 15:21
- Gender: Male
Putting in my notice (How long?)
I'm away from home on holiday at the minute, but may have the chance of getting my old job back soon and I was wondering if anyone knows how much notice I would have to give, if I decide to leave RM. I have 4yrs service and I am part time 20hrs. Thanks in advance.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
4 weeks i think..Good luck in your new job.
-
Sbutts8182
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
If you're paid weekly, one week.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
enskied wrote:4 weeks i think..Good luck in your new job.
Nope just a weeks notice required
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
one week only ( and then take it as paid holiday or even go sick ;) )
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
to confirm its 1 week here is a grab of my contract

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
Yeah 1 week and you are entitled to [about] 23 days holiday so about 0.44 days per week. We are in week 20 now so unless you've had them you are entitled to 8 days leave which you may take before you quit. If you've had more or less they should adjust your wages to account for it.
-
Tog
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 29 May 2010, 15:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Putting in my notice (How long?)
Thanks for replies. Much appreciated.