ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thewackymonkey
Posts: 31
Joined: 13 May 2014, 16:04
Gender: Male

Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by thewackymonkey »

Has anybody else experienced being bullied by their own work collegues??
Advice needed please.
I just dont get it...I go to work, I do my job has best has I can & if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
I like a laugh & a joke like the next person but being pushed & shoved into, & personal comments on the walk sorting board for me have stopped becoming office banter!!!
I am being bullied by a small group of narrow minded insecure people that feel it is ok to single someone out, when ever it suits them.
They have a pack mentality & follow each other like sheep for fear of being THE GROUPS NEXT TARGET, they even turn on themselves at times & half of the office will not have anything to do with them.
It is getting to the point for me that I cant even be bothered to have anything to do with THEM anymore, I ask myself why I would want to waste my time & energy on people like that when they treat people so badly in the office. Even ignoring the so called numptys doesnt seem to work..........
Sorry folks rant over.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by pinstripe »

Contact the B&H helpdesk. The number is on the back of your payslip.

You don't need to put up with it.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by doorstepped »

take the ringleader outside of company property and slap him about the head a bit ;)

or do what pinstripe says above :)
Kobi72
Posts: 43
Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Kobi72 »

Just confront them.its the same at our place,just back stabbing twats! I've been through it myself the dom & union rep were useless,it's like being back at school! I just told them I'd be willing to lose my job & get it sorted out wiv them one by one.job done!
ballee
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by ballee »

doorstepped wrote:take the ringleader outside of company property and slap him about the head a bit ;)

or do what pinstripe says above :)

Bad advice, people with this type of mentality will then turn the bullying allegation around to make the person being bullied look like the person doing the bullying.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by postslippete »

thewackymonkey wrote: if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
Its a gift to you if you're finishing earlier than they are; but if you are all getting extra work i.e. lapsing put on you all because you finish before time; then you are a curse to them


thewackymonkey wrote:I like a laugh & a joke like the next person but being pushed & shoved into
Hit them really hard with your postie peg


thewackymonkey wrote:They have a pack mentality & follow each other like sheep for fear of being THE GROUPS NEXT TARGET
Obviously your lino's a waste of space and I wouldn't even bother with ringing B&H. Even though they can log the complaint. Are you really going to ignore these personal comments made against you?? If you can't tell the ringleaders to back off, you are better off working in another section.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

The best way to deal with people when they behave like this is to be totally indifferent to them. They thrive on getting you to react to their pathetic attempts to intimidate and belittle you. Do not give them the oxygen which fuels their little games. DO NOT ignore them completely but only speak or acknowledge their existence when it is necessary to do so for a matter relating to work. Just speak in a normal matter-of-fact manner and show them no signs that they are getting at you. They absolutely hate that and they should soon leave you alone.

I would see how it goes after you do this but if they persist then they are more stupid than average bully so it might then be time for action against them. The way Royal Mail works it is very hard to get any help using the proper channels but that may have to be used as a last resort.

Keep your chin up. You are better that them. Good luck!!
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Chelseablue »

They are cowards,who. 1 actually hate themselves deep down.2. Feel threatened by you in some way eg bein a decent guy,popular with staff etc . 3 are disgusting human beings . We had same situation in our place but thankfully they have bin suspended moved or kicked out. Good luck ,but do sthing about it,keep notes times etc if you don't itl go on for years .
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Judgee »

thewackymonkey wrote:I just dont get it...I go to work, I do my job has best has I can & if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.

Perhaps your modesty upsets them. :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Gold Fox »

Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ... :wave
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by saddlerposty »

take it you've got a mobile phone? put it on voice record, slip it into your top pocket and let the idiots dig their own grave.
adios bullies. :wave :wave
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Newbie001 »

If its as I presume 'male' colleagues doing this pushing and bumping, surely it goes beyond B + H, or am I missing something. :hmmmm
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by Lincox »

Gold Fox wrote:Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ... :wave
Unless you are management grade.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by 2pints »

Ignore them.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.

Post by enskied »

Lincox wrote:
Gold Fox wrote:Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ... :wave
Unless you are management grade.
Very true.. My advice is go for the the big mouthed ringleader, big mouthed no balls usually.